aiaiai capital discussion thread
Jul 14, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 75
First post and also one of the first owners of the capital headphones... So far I am pleased, even without burning them in. Using them on the galaxy s2 with a preset set to Techno/Dance. 
I left them burn in with the pink noise last night. Will see if there is any difference. 
Got the grey ones - really light, quality craftsmanship - only thing that bothers me a bit are the is that you can see the part where they joined the molds on the ear pads. Not a biggie but stil.. :)
As far as sound is concerned, after listening to Sebastian, Blind Pilot (FLAC), Goldroom (chill wave) and Explosions in the sky, I am more then satisfied. I heard stuff that I didn't hear on my in-ear phones. Detailed and enough of base when equalized properly.. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 75
Quote:
First post and also one of the first owners of the capital headphones... So far I am pleased, even without burning them in. Using them on the galaxy s2 with a preset set to Techno/Dance. 
I left them burn in with the pink noise last night. Will see if there is any difference. 
Got the grey ones - really light, quality craftsmanship - only thing that bothers me a bit are the is that you can see the part where they joined the molds on the ear pads. Not a biggie but stil.. :)
As far as sound is concerned, after listening to Sebastian, Blind Pilot (FLAC), Goldroom (chill wave) and Explosions in the sky, I am more then satisfied. I heard stuff that I didn't hear on my in-ear phones. Detailed and enough of base when equalized properly.. 

That's great, I got the concrete grey ones and  so far I think these are some great headphones for commuting and urban use, I also found putting a little piece of cotton under the earpads too make them contour too my ears better really helped get a better seal.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 75
Quote:
That's great, I got the concrete grey ones and  so far I think these are some great headphones for commuting and urban use, I also found putting a little piece of cotton under the earpads too make them contour too my ears better really helped get a better seal.

they could seal better, yes. you mean some cloth or actual cotton? i have the grey ones too. even though i wanted the black but im glad in the end. 
do you use some preset or? for the sound. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 75
I just take of a piece from a cotton ball, roll it between my hands and take off the ear pads, place the cotton and put them back on. I don't use any eq  pre sets with them I do sometimes use them with a e17 for my portable rig.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #8 of 75
It would be nice if Aiaiai come up with earpad over the ear like Studio, I've got big ear and my left ear got tired after being pressed for long hours. Never had Track before but i do have Hisoundaudio Rocoo-P and POPO IEM. Comparing Capital and POPO, Capital have more delicious sound signatures, the clarity and details and the bass is not overpowering the other frequencies. I'm using Rocoo wihtout the EQ preset (Nature) but on Samsung Galaxy S2, using Poweramp with Rock EQ Preset, disable TONE and it pumped the Capital nicely, very nice indeed.You can answer call or pause the song using the mic button (ICS 4.0.3) which suit me nicely on the site job. Mine is Midnight Black, got it 4 days ago, I've noticed for the first time using it, it needed the volume level of 22 to get the comfort sound level on Rocco, but now with the same song 15 volume level is enough. Listening back to my Metallica collection (Justice For All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning & Reload) gave me a silly grin on my face. Even hard to listen details like Bush-Sixteen Stone bring back those songs alive. So Aiaiai, please come up with a solution for my left ear. If the review of POPO is good, Capital is much much better.

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 75
Just received a pair of these today, is it just me or is the seal against the ear terrible? sound quality sounds very average, then press the earpad against ear and sounds great.

so do i walk everywhere pressing them against my ears? there is a massive gap at the bottom otherwise, design just seems wrong, angle is just incorrect?

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 75
Quote:
Just received a pair of these today, is it just me or is the seal against the ear terrible? sound quality sounds very average, then press the earpad against ear and sounds great.

so do i walk everywhere pressing them against my ears? there is a massive gap at the bottom otherwise, design just seems wrong, angle is just incorrect?

It took me a while too figure out how too get a decent seal, Its much easier with my cotton mod.

Jul 17, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #15 of 75
Probably they are using the same Titanium driver? Aiaiai should come with extra accessories for Capital like Over The Earpad or at least like TMA-1 DJ.That's the only complain I have for Capital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back