aiaiai capital discussion thread
Jul 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #31 of 75
I've been in touch with customer service at aiaiai -

Basically... if you detach the earphones from the frame (easily done), there may be small rubber sleeves on the notches attached to the frame where it connects to the earpieces. Customer service tell me that these have been "inappropriately" included on many of the phones that have shipped so far. Having removed these I do get a small improvement.

I'm also assured that they are working on new ear pads for anyone having trouble with the capitals, and these should be available within a few months. (TMA-1 pads aren't compatible for anyone thinking they could try them!)

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #34 of 75
Quote:
Yes!. A new earpad. Aiaiai do listen to their customer.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #35 of 75
Are you just confirming they are going to make new ones or saying new ones are already available for sale? Personally want this if there are going to be new ear pads. Let me know as I couldn't find them on their site.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #37 of 75
Quote:

Basically... if you detach the earphones from the frame (easily done), there may be small rubber sleeves on the notches attached to the frame where it connects to the earpieces. Customer service tell me that these have been "inappropriately" included on many of the phones that have shipped so far. Having removed these I do get a small improvement.

I'm also assured that they are working on new ear pads for anyone having trouble with the capitals, and these should be available within a few months. (TMA-1 pads aren't compatible for anyone thinking they could try them!)

Hmmm removing the small rubber sleeves on the notches do improved my listening time as it doesn't hurt so much on my ear of being press with the earpad. With these many customization, Aiaiai would probably should come up with different style of frame, earpad (made from fur?) to choose. Who knows it will become a trend that you can fashionize your can.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

I really hope they do bring out new ear pads! Otherwise i'll be selling these, just don't seal right no matter what I do.

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #40 of 75
Quote:
I find that if you let them engulf the back of your ears more than the front, you'll get a seal. At least in my case.

me to, I line up the edge of  the inner ring of the earpad with the back outer part of my ears, works well for me and they stay secure enough for me to commute with and not worry about them falling off.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #41 of 75
Just wondering from the folks that have these earphones if they would be a good upgrade from a AKG 518le.  These seem nice and in Canada they would be good to wear when the snow hits!

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #43 of 75
Okay, so - seeing posts here about interchanging the pads, I had a zany idea which appears to have worked...

I had a spare pair of Senn HD25 pleather pads which fit as near to perfectly as possible (made to measure!!), and they instantly improve that slightly hollow / thin sound by pushing the driver closer to the ears...

Two downsides, between the two pads, the Senns are darker sounding, so you'll need to introduce some treble lift, additionally these produce a better seal than the stock pads, as such - if you push them to your ears (as you're used to with the stock pads) you'll hear the driver comrpress / crack - so, if you try this, bear that in mind (and don't do it - but, you won't need to because the music is oh so much more there!)

I hope this helps some of you having doubts re these cans :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #45 of 75
Did anyone tried it with a android phone?
I can't get the buttons to work (I know, it says made for iphone) but today it suddenly started to do voice actions when I press the middle button. After a while it stopped responding again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back