Again~ Taket BPP
Jun 12, 2011 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Austiny6

New Head-Fier
Hey~ everyone.  I had been hovering around this forum for like half a year and I just joined this forum to create a new thread on the Taket BPP. (since I am kind of interested in it)

so~ as many people have said, it looks stupid and it does not make sense in improving Music listening and stuff
The website looks really ugly and not professional 
* HOWEVER
On the same website:
http://www.taket.jp/bpp/bpp_e.html

I found this (the link below)

http://www.taket.jp/h2/h2.html

and I saw the H2 headphone whenever I watch Jude's headfi video on youtube
Please pay attention on the headphone on the right side of the screen behind Jude
http://www.youtube.com/user/headfi

Yes, they look the same.
So, I wish Jude can comment on this thread about that headphone and see whether it is related to the Taket website.
Since that headphone keeps on poppin up on his video, "maybe" it is really good? and so 'maybe' the Taket BPP really works?~

Sorry if I make some mistakes on my first thread 

Jun 14, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 10
The fact that you can't google a single 3rd party review on one of these, or anything other than speculation suggests that A: nobody is willing to take the risk and buy one to review, and B: the company hasn't sent any out to be tested and reviewed, which does not ease the likelihood that it is a worthless scam. I'd be avoiding that thing until proven otherwise, the onus of which lying squarely with Taket.

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #3 of 10
I saw on thread on Headfi(forgot which one was it) A guy went to Japan and was in like a headfi show case
and He did take a picture of him using this device tho

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I'll buy one in a month or two.
smily_headphones1.gif
Have to ship from Japan for that.

Indeed. Make sure to tell us what you think. 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 10
Doesn't the website make it clear what it is?

For a start:

Quote:
"You can listen through the skin of the face"

Quote:

[size=x-small]"Not few person said that the effect is not understood well. The reason may be that it is not a gay change that changes
the frequency response.[/size]"

Reading through the site, as the yellow advert had my sides cracking, it seems like it emits high frequency sound that you are supposed to hear through your face/head when wearing headphones. So, you pop it on the sofa arm or in your pocket and it makes high pitch noise in some effort to expand the soundstage or something.

I'm sure everyone will love you when you pop your headphones on and proceed to bombard people in the near area with the top frequencies of your music at high volume.

It reminds me of those lollypop things from years ago that vibrated in your mouth and transmitted sound from the inside of your head, through your jaw to your inner ear. Or one of those high-pitch sound sirens that are used to stop rowdy teens hanging out in places by transmitting so high only teenyboppers can hear the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back