Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
Oct 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 225
Quote:

That actually was supposed to be in there. I forgot about that entirely when I was making it. It's a bit hard to do, but not impossible. Most cables come as they are, no options for memory wire or no memory wire. Some like Toxic Cables and Chris_Himself cables are custom made per order, so you can probably ask about that option. I'll add it to the list of things to add. Hopefully it doesnt take too long

That would be excellent if it's possible.

I just wanted to add, this is a great to have such a comprehensive list of cable options. Thanks for taking the time to gather all the information and put it together here for everyone at Head-Fi, I'm sure it will prove to be very useful to many users.

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #17 of 225
This list has been around for a while, but never in this form. It took a good many hours to make. I hope people enjoy it
Quote:
That would be excellent if it's possible.

I just wanted to add, this is a great to have such a comprehensive list of cable options. Thanks for taking the time to gather all the information and put it together here for everyone at Head-Fi, I'm sure it will prove to be very useful to many users.

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 225
Quote:
This list has been around for a while, but never in this form. It took a good many hours to make. I hope people enjoy it

It definitely shows. Fantastic work! 

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Oct 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #20 of 225
It does. Stock cables are overmolded and usually fit each other. The Westone cable is actually from the same manufacturer as the stock cable on the ASG-1.2. It's essentially buying the same exact cable. But I think Westone makes one with a mic on it, which could interest a few people if I am correct about that.
Quote:
Anyone knows if the westone epic replacement cables fit on the ASG 1.2?

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #21 of 225
Great list Kenman.
You know up until a couple days ago I didn't give a rat's ass about custom cables. My stock(westone style) that came with my 1964s was good enough for me.
Then I started to look at my newly "built" rig(ipod classic/iBasso D-zero) with the Fiio LOD and thought.. Man I want a dressier LOD cable. Not that there is anything wrong with the L9 I just wanted something nicer looking. So I jump on that auction site and bought one from one of the Chinese vendors.
I love the way it looks. Then I started to think that my stock CIEM cable looked out of place and that led me to this(and another) thread.
I'm getting one of the BTG Sunrise cables.
You know. It's funny where this hobby takes you.

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #22 of 225
Yes, it definitely is funny where this hobby takes you. I Honestly have yet to find a CIEM cable for my AS-2's that makes me wanna change from my stock cable. I am too reluctant to give up anything anymore to make my rig sound better. I already have a great setup and portability takes priority in my situation. I am looking for a cable that will be able to be coiled into the same amount of space as my stock cable (and also just as flexible). That'd make me very happy. I am still searching though, I havent even come close to trying most of the cables, just have read every review I have in the list. Closest I found was the Symbiote SE Litz "Micro" that the only reason I don't own it now is the lack of Memory wire made the fit extremely uncomfortable for me. It's a beautiful cable though. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small cable that is sexy and sounds wonderful.
Quote:
Great list Kenman.
You know up until a couple days ago I didn't give a rat's ass about custom cables. My stock(westone style) that came with my 1964s was good enough for me.
Then I started to look at my newly "built" rig(ipod classic/iBasso D-zero) with the Fiio LOD and thought.. Man I want a dressier LOD cable. Not that there is anything wrong with the L9 I just wanted something nicer looking. So I jump on that auction site and bought one from one of the Chinese vendors.
I love the way it looks. Then I started to think that my stock CIEM cable looked out of place and that led me to this(and another) thread.
I'm getting one of the BTG Sunrise cables.
You know. It's funny where this hobby takes you.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #23 of 225
Quote:
Yes, it definitely is funny where this hobby takes you. I Honestly have yet to find a CIEM cable for my AS-2's that makes me wanna change from my stock cable. I am too reluctant to give up anything anymore to make my rig sound better. I already have a great setup and portability takes priority in my situation. I am looking for a cable that will be able to be coiled into the same amount of space as my stock cable (and also just as flexible). That'd make me very happy. I am still searching though, I havent even come close to trying most of the cables, just have read every review I have in the list. Closest I found was the Symbiote SE Litz "Micro" that the only reason I don't own it now is the lack of Memory wire made the fit extremely uncomfortable for me. It's a beautiful cable though. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small cable that is sexy and sounds wonderful.

In what way did the lack of memory wire make the fit extremely uncomfortable? I ask because I've found most memory wires to be fairly awkward to use plus they usually rub against my glasses making more noise than cables without the memory wire but I haven't used many IEM's that don't have a memory wire so my experience is fairly limited.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #24 of 225
Memory wire is one of those love it or hate it things.  Some people can't live with it, some people can't live without it.  

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #25 of 225
For me, it was extreme pain in my ears as the lack of memory wire meant a constant tugging of my CIEM's into my ear. I think it's called the fossa (the top part of the ear) that was receiving tons of pressure. When I took off my CIEM's after 20 minutes my ears were red in that area and hurt for longer than I had the cable on. I don't think my experience is a common one. It's something I try to avoid sharing because everyone will have a different experience and as with any option for most cables, it's a matter of preference and the best way to know if it's for you or not is to give it a try. My experience happened with two different cables that lacked memory wire, so I stay away from cables that do not have memory wire. I do appreciate the people that allowed me to try their cables though, so that I could know for myself. 

Quote:
In what way did the lack of memory wire make the fit extremely uncomfortable? I ask because I've found most memory wires to be fairly awkward to use plus they usually rub against my glasses making more noise than cables without the memory wire but I haven't used many IEM's that don't have a memory wire so my experience is fairly limited.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #26 of 225
Quote:
For me, it was extreme pain in my ears as the lack of memory wire meant a constant tugging of my CIEM's into my ear. I think it's called the fossa (the top part of the ear) that was receiving tons of pressure. When I took off my CIEM's after 20 minutes my ears were red in that area and hurt for longer than I had the cable on. I don't think my experience is a common one. It's something I try to avoid sharing because everyone will have a different experience and as with any option for most cables, it's a matter of preference and the best way to know if it's for you or not is to give it a try. My experience happened with two different cables that lacked memory wire, so I stay away from cables that do not have memory wire. I do appreciate the people that allowed me to try their cables though, so that I could know for myself.

Thanks for sharing. Based off how well I got along with the Westone 4's with their lack of memory wire I special ordered an aftermarket cable without one but I've been second guessing the decision. Hopefully it will be what I'm looking, if not it will be back to the drawing board. Did you talk to the manufacturer of the Symbiote SE Litz "Micro" to see if they could add memory wire?

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #27 of 225
Double Helix Cables is only available without memory wire. No options from that manufacturer for anything else. The owner has a vendetta against memory wire. Otherwise I would own the Litz Micro right now.
Quote:

Thanks for sharing. Based off how well I got along with the Westone 4's with their lack of memory wire I special ordered an aftermarket cable without one but I've been second guessing the decision. Hopefully it will be what I'm looking, if not it will be back to the drawing board. Did you talk to the manufacturer of the Symbiote SE Litz "Micro" to see if they could add memory wire?

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #28 of 225
anyone know anybody that has a Custom cable.  that supports volume control Rocker and Mic.  for  HTC/LG/Samsung Devices.  maybe with a UE-10 (TF10) Connection 

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #29 of 225
As far as I am aware, their are currently none that offer this. But their used to be one or two cables that did. You may have trouble finding them now though. Beat Audio used to make one, I would try contacting them about getting a microphone and buttons added to a cable of theirs. I think that would be your best shot
Quote:
anyone know anybody that has a Custom cable.  that supports volume control Rocker and Mic.  for  HTC/LG/Samsung Devices.  maybe with a UE-10 (TF10) Connection 

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #30 of 225
Quote:
As far as I am aware, their are currently none that offer this. But their used to be one or two cables that did. You may have trouble finding them now though. Beat Audio used to make one, I would try contacting them about getting a microphone and buttons added to a cable of theirs. I think that would be your best shot

I found some one...

Black is HTC/LG/Samsung   
white is  iphone

connector is se535 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back