After having owned and listened to couple interconnects , I finally settled on Cardas
Aug 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
Seamaster, I wasn't trying to imply that your or anyone's gear is too bright or not. My main point was that it is a shame if a head-fier stops enjoying their recent purchase simply because someone else doesn't rate it.

Back to Cardas: I thought that "Clear" was the fairly recent flagship model (read expensive) where they were moving to a more neutral and detailed style - and got a rave review in one of the mainstream magazines (don't they all). And that "Light" was the more recent, lower cost offshoot of Clear, which tries to maintain the flagship's sound characteristics. So I'm not sure what "Clear Light" means?

Didn't you just answer your own question? "lower cost offshoot of Clear"
Maybe they should have spelled it "Lite" like the beers
biggrin.gif

I was comparing the Golden Reference to the Clear Light last night. They have a pretty similar sound, but the Golden has more extension at both ends and a fuller sound.
Considering the price difference, I think it's a pretty remarkable cable.

Aug 22, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #17 of 30
I guess someone like their cable, that's ok, otherwise they would not stay in business for so long. Audio hobby indeed is a very personal matter. If you enjoy current set-up , that's great. One day you may find something better. This evolution never ends

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 30
The Cardas are a bit on the neutral side of things. The are others that can be had that are a little more musical like the Oyaide stuff. I know what Seamaster means. They may be a little polite for some.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #19 of 30
I like neutral reference alot till the point that i exchange quadlink XLR with some cash for Neutral ref XLR.

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #20 of 30
Definitely not the last word in neutrality, but I'm using the Cardas 300b.
I tried other interconnects (qed, g&bl, audioquest, kimber, nordost) but I settle on Cardas as the OP. They sound a bit slow, and probably dark, but the soundstage is very good, wide, and not blurry.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #21 of 30
X2. That has been my experience as well. Thankfully, Cardas are well regarded and seem to keep their resale value, at least in the upper echelon's of the line, e.g. the Golden Reference IC's, speaker cables that I used to own. 

Quote:
Definitely not the last word in neutrality, but I'm using the Cardas 300b.
I tried other interconnects (qed, g&bl, audioquest, kimber, nordost) but I settle on Cardas as the OP. They sound a bit slow, and probably dark, but the soundstage is very good, wide, and not blurry.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #22 of 30
The thing about Cardas Golden Reference is that it just sounds right. If I switch to another pair of interconnects, I always wind up with the golden references after a while.

Of course I just bought a pair of interconnects DIYed by a headfier so I'll see how they compare the the golden references.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 30
An update - I have exchanged my Cardas XLR ( one month old)  to Acrolink 6n 2400 XLR ( one year old) and I got more highs and less sweet/refined mids. Actually I do want more highs and retain the sweet mids but perhaps I can't get the best of both worlds. So right now , i am using cardas RCA and Acrolink XLR and it sound pretty balanced. For the sake of being consistant, i will get an affordable PCOCC RCA Diy cable to see how it is compared with the cardas.

Well in the end , the highs doesn't seem enough when i use both cardas together.

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #26 of 30
Well, i've sold off the acrolink and selling the cardas. Now I've settled on van den hul d102 mkIII which has the tonal balance I like. There's adequate highs, sweet mids and good (but a bit loose bass). Update: Vdh puts a veil on the vocal and the instrument no bite. Trying ecosse nu diva now,  its a positive change

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #27 of 30
Cardas cables simply do things to my ears, they pull on the strings of my musical biases just right.  Nothing sounds right to me after getting good cardas cables.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #29 of 30

Todd R said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guys,
I just got the new Cardas Clear Light interconnect in for a trial and I think it's something pretty special. Price is the same as the Neutral Reference. Haven't heard the NR in a while, but I think the Clear Light is a lot better.

Thanks for your instruction! I understand this part, It is exactly what I need.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #30 of 30
So I get it, some people prefer the golden reference to the clear light interconnects and vice versa.  Does anyone have an idea on the consensus?  In other words, while personal preference may vary, in total does it appear the more people like the Cardas Clear Light interconnects to the Cardas Golden or Enutral reference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back