Affordability
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #46 of 49
After reading this thread, and reading the tips with "get a good job", it feels quite hopeless. I guess it´s kinda self explanatory that i need to have a good income to afford expensive stuff, but one did not think of that when one skipped school, spending the time listening to music instead.

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #47 of 49
Did you notice that this thread is 4 and a half years old?

Let the lessons of skipping school be positive ones and show more responsibility in the future. Remember that most folks with the megabuck-rig systems in these forums are older, sometimes much older, and are quite successful. If you're young, you don't need to rush to get the best of the best now, you'll have plenty of time in the future. However if you mess up your ears now by blasting badly produced du(m)bstep at 120db for 8 hours a day there will be no audio enjoyment for you at all, so take care of your ears.

Buy used and take care of your gear. Buy smart and don't get FOTM things that will devalue sharply over time. When you buy and trade gear your stash tends to slowly accumulate value as you trade lesser components for more valuable ones, and in a few years even with a small income you can sit on a high-end rig.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #48 of 49
Well, i used the search function instead of making a new thread :]
Necromancer at heart! I will not be blasting dubstep  in my ears  with bad headphones. I currently use a HD650 with an STX soundcard. Which i got just receantly, keep in mind though it took me a year of putting away money to afford it. I make almost no money and live as cheap as i can. My next goal is getting a tube amp & new cables for the 650. Thats another 400euros, which makes me very sad.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #49 of 49
Quote:
I bet most of us here are not millionaires but I see quite a few have high-end headphones, amps and so on. I could only have one pair of headphones, one amp and one source, in order to live within my means. I wonder how did you afford them ?
blink.gif
Don't tell me you guys live on Macdonald's or 2 minute noodles.
biggrin.gif

I'm an university student living abroad. I afford things by spending less money so I can save what's left from my monthly allowance. I rarely hang out (yes, life is currently boring) but the cash that you can save at the end of the month is really satisfying. As for beers/liquors, I buy them at the airport's duty free because they're ridiculously cheaper. Oh, I don't believe in living on instant noodles. It's BS in my opinion, don't be so mean for yourself as healthcare cost that you might pay later could be higher than you can save.

Funny, but somehow this thread motivated me to be a successful lad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back