Aesthetically pleasing equipment
Mar 26, 2011 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

CARRION FEAST

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, it is powerfull Schiit. I swear it is......and you thought you couldn't swear in here! I can honestly say that I reakon, the Schiit Lyr is one the most aesthetically pleasing things of any description that I own. I enjoy looking at it, almost as much as I enjoy listerning to it, through any...of my cans. Technical stuff aside (only because I'm still trying to come to grasps with it all - it is fascinating though), I am finding myself very pleased with this particular purchase.

My question is......does anyone else feel as I do? Even if you aren't lucky enough to own this fasntastic piece of Schiit, maybe you have a piece of your own favorite equipment that you love................my first was a transistor radio I got for my 9th birthday (although I did end up pulling it apart and not being able to get it to work the way it as meant to again).

Thanks for reading, this question makes me curious.

Mar 26, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 40
Why, Carrion Feast.....now that you ask, I did have this stuffed toy when I was a kid - and whenever you pressed its belly,  it would laugh. One afternoon this poor creature met its doom, only to fascinate me with its little wires, its little headphone speaker and its little pressure pad that made the speaker squeal when I sqeezed it. Suffice to say, within an hour, my bedroom had a pressure sensitive alarm under the linoleum in front of my door........I taped the speaker near my pillow and it made me jump a couple of times. ATM it's my Schiit, I like the way the waxen yellow of the tubes light trail the stark white power light on the front.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 40
Haha I'm glad you like your new amp. I think all of Schitt's products are easy to look at. 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 40

I agree the Schiit gear looks very good.

But for me, when it comes to aesthetics, nothing so far has surpassed this amp by Frank Cooter.

I just want to run to the bathroom with a bottle of Jergens whenever I see it. :D

se

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #12 of 40

Quote:

I agree the Schiit gear looks very good.

But for me, when it comes to aesthetics, nothing so far has surpassed this amp by Frank Cooter.

I just want to run to the bathroom with a bottle of Jergens whenever I see it. :D

se

Wow! Yes, after checking out some of Frank Cooter's creations on the inter-web I have to agree - classic design, practical simplicity, the twin towers are beautiful, and they wouldn't look out of place in my apartment where I have many leather-bound books and you can smell rich mahogany.........
BTW, what is Jergens?!......given the context I'm guessing some kind of lubricant? or perhaps a boutique beer? (Please excuse my ignorance, I'm Australian)

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #13 of 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARRION FEAST /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW, what is Jergens?!......given the context I'm guessing some kind of lubricant? or perhaps a boutique beer? (Please excuse my ignorance, I'm Australian)

Jergens is an iconic brand of hand lotions/moisturizers here in the States.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back