Aegis DIY Tube Headphone Amplifier
Nov 6, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #31 of 2,397
Does someone have the datasheet for the LL2765 amorphous core? And LL1667 AM 5mA.

I might be wrong but I don't think Lundahl publishes separate data sheets for their amorphous stuff. Probably would have to reach out to them directly to find out for sure.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #33 of 2,397
Well, well, well. What do we have here?!?

Aegis.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #34 of 2,397
Nov 9, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #35 of 2,397
Are you going to answer that, or just keep us hanging?!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I was hoping you knew. It just fell off a truck and I rescued it. :wink:

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #36 of 2,397
What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a tease :). Well played, I’ve been hooked…

Nov 10, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #39 of 2,397
Just FYI, I am going to be out of town for a week starting Saturday, so if you PM me with questions, it may take me some time to get back to you!

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #41 of 2,397
Hi L0rdGwyn
This looks very interesting 🤗 also when I now is deep in the ZMF swamp.. I also done 2 diy tube projects and had a lot of fun doing so.
Will it be possible to buy the PCB from Sweden and will there be instructions how to make it 230v?
Also a suggestion; some sort of power state lamp like the one on the Eufonika amp, off/on/ready would be wonderful..

Please sign me up for this project 👍

Best regards
Henric

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #43 of 2,397
Well, I have to do a complete mea culpa: I humbly need to apologize as I have commented elsewhere in Head-Fi some grumbling and frustration that this was a DIY project and not an amp that would be commercially available. Just my lack of any soldering experience, so really I was voicing my personal limitations. Anyway, after going all in with purchasing a different amp to pair with my ZMF’s, I’m just too intrigued about learning/trying this despite my concern about my building limitations.

If there’s a signup process bedsides just following this thread, I’d love to be added, a complete 180 of how I was thinking about this only weeks ago.

Nov 24, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #44 of 2,397
Well, I have to do a complete mea culpa: I humbly need to apologize as I have commented elsewhere in Head-Fi some grumbling and frustration that this was a DIY project and not an amp that would be commercially available. Just my lack of any soldering experience, so really I was voicing my personal limitations. Anyway, after going all in with purchasing a different amp to pair with my ZMF’s, I’m just too intrigued about learning/trying this despite my concern about my building limitations.

If there’s a signup process bedsides just following this thread, I’d love to be added, a complete 180 of how I was thinking about this only weeks ago.
You can always do the Amp Camp Amp first to gain some skill on a low voltage circuit. DIY is fun once you get going, and more affordable. For me, life became a whole lot easier once I started using 60/40 solder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back