AEDLE VK-1 Limited Edition Headphones
May 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #46 of 183
iPhone drives them without problem, but the treble is more recessed compared to O2/ODAC driven. Isolation is quite good, better than my aJays IEM.
They leak a little when played really loud, otherwise they are quiet on the outside.
Quote:
I love K550 as well but like you said, I would not wear this out as well. I've once been asked on why I am having two mushroom on my head .. 

Is the VK-1 difficult to drive? I would be driving this straight from the iPhone, would be good if I don't need to take the HP-P1. Also, how's the clamping force and noise isolation? 

May 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #47 of 183
My dad bought a pair of the black carbon limited edition (Launch Edition #VK-0194) but they've just been sitting around in the box. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send some pics. They have been used maybe once or twice.

Thanks, Lucien.

May 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #48 of 183
Quote:
My dad bought a pair of the black carbon limited edition (Launch Edition #VK-0194) but they've just been sitting around in the box. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send some pics. They have been used maybe once or twice.

Thanks, Lucien.

I would love to see some shots of the black version!  Please post if you have them!

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #51 of 183
Quote:
So... what do you think about them?

I like them.  The treble is slightly rolled off.  The bass is alright though.  Has a little punch, but stays quite clean.  Doesn't get real deep, but these are on-ear, so no surprise there.   All around they are a pretty decent sound.  Build quality and look is excellent as well.  Comparing them to something like the P3 from B&W, which has severely rolled off treble and very bloated bass, they are much better.  I don't think a technical listener would be too happy with them, but they are the complete package as far as looks, build & decent sound is concerned.  

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #53 of 183
Quote:
Someone compare these with the HD25's please.

Amperior?  That's the best I can do.  

Not as crisp as the Amperior.  Very slightly veiled, I would say.  Bass is decent.  Goes deep, and stays tight.  Deeper than Amperior, not as tight.  Not as comfortable as Amperior.  GREAT build quality and materials.  Overall, quite pleasant sounding, but could use some edge in the treble department.   

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #54 of 183
i've tried the aedle vk-1, and it is awesome.
for me, aedle ranks at the top of my favourite portable headphones.
i tried aedle with some portable player, like altmann tera player, AK120 and fiio X3.
i also tried with ALO Studiosix :D

i first noticed that aedle have a very good resolution. compared to momentum, it just like watch a movie from bluray and then switch to dvd.

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #55 of 183
Sub'd, one of the most gorgeous headphones I've ever seen and for once, it's not the black one I prefer! Can anyone talk about the timbre of this headphone and the decay? Mike from headfonia mentioned something about the low end weight being very natural without having any boominess. Also how does the bass of the DT1350 compare with the VK-1? Does the VK-1 come close in terms of extension and articulation?

Thanks in advance for any more impressions!

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #57 of 183
They look oh so great, but I'm afraid that the sound is not really all that good... (if it was, they would be hyped till no end.)
I'd just get it for their looks!
Waiting to find them at a good price...

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #58 of 183
A sleeper problem is the jack input on the cup - its not part of the actual steel cup but rather 'glued' into place - push in the jack hard enough and it slides into the cup showing glue traces or traces of flimsy solder not sure which but this was with minimal pressure - not sure if you can even open into the cup to see if you can reset the loose jack stage. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #59 of 183
  They look oh so great, but I'm afraid that the sound is not really all that good... (if it was, they would be hyped till no end.)
I'd just get it for their looks!
Waiting to find them at a good price...

I pretty much hate them (as expressed earlier in this thread) and would be happy to get rid of them. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #60 of 183
I got my AEDLE VK-1 two weeks ago.
I have to admit that I bought them because of the great look and did not expect too much.
On the other side I was looking for something between my K1000 and the JH13 for quick listening not too big and with low weight.
But I am positively surprised, sure they are far away from the resolution sound of my other headphones but they are much better than many cans I had on my ears over the years.
They are definitively keepers !

Jochen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back