Advice respectfully requested: M11+, Radiopaq Jazz or Senn CX-500?
Jan 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DixieLandBlues

New Head-Fier
Lurker and newbie asking for some advice from the experts - I need a new set of in-ear's to replace Sennheiser cx-500 (cables were sadly not rabbit proof). I liked the Senn's bass, but would like to hear the best quality sound i can for my budget. (I can get the Jazz and MEElectronic M11+ for £28.00, cx-500 for a little less. £28 is really my limit.)

Which would people recommend for good bass and overall sound quality? (My music tastes are ecletic - trance to rock to classical)

many thanks!

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 10
Welcome to Head-Fi!

I'm not an expert, and I haven't tried the M11+ or the CX500, but I do own the Radiopaq Jazz.  I think their warm sound works well with a variety of genres while having plenty of bass that's never overwhelming to my ears.  I feel that the Jazz is one of the most underrated IEMs on this board, and it's really a shame that many will never get a chance to try them.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 10
The Jazz is great for bass and generally an excellent deal at that price. The M11+ is too bassy for my taste and lacks the fluid smoothness of the Jazz though it's not a bad earphone.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #5 of 10
Sounds like the Jazz it is, then. Thankyou for the advice!

One last query - I've also found the Jazz for sale on eBay for £16.00 all told - I'm a little suspicous as they seem to have all the Radiopaq customs at this price, which seems very cheap. Does anyone know if there are fake Radiopaqs around, or if anyone has purchased from this seller before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Radiopaq-Jazz-Earphones-More-detail-Crips-percussion-/170565483708?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item27b67ebcbc

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 10
Don't know about this boutique, but I bought two of them here without any problem:
http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/RADIOPAQ-Ecouteurs-configure-style-JAZZ-de-gamme-/360334699963?pt=FR_LC_TV_Son_Home_Cinema_Accessoires_Image_Son_Casques_Ecouteurs&hash=item53e59f2dbb
Good phones for the price for sure, way better than the Senn CX500.

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 10
@Photofan1986 - ah, I saw your post straight after ordering the headphones. Radiopaq have said they are not aware of any fakes on eBay, but they will check and confirm the earphones for me once I receive them (side note, their customer service has been excellent). Given that your link works out £1 cheaper, i'm a little less nervous of my purchase now. :)

I'll post back once I receive them.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Received today, and they appear to be the genuine article (at least, they sound miles above any other earphones I've had.) i'm hearing layers in my music that I had forgotten were even in the songs!
dt880smile.png

Thankyou all for your advice - I just hope my finances can survive having been bitten by the audio upgrade bug...
rolleyes.gif

(PS: If anyone else is considering buying these, the ebay seller I linked before still has 9 sets for sales, £16.00)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back