Advice regarding headphones for Cowon J3
Oct 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RezDnB

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've just recently started browsing through the numerous reviews here on this site and thought this would be the best place to seek some advice :D
So I am planning on purchasing the Cowon J3 player, as my beloved Sony NW-HD5 is slowly dying. Now adding to this, recently the cable of the Sennheiser PMX-100 broke. This was the 2nd pair of the Senns I owned so far, I was happy with the Sound quality and the comfort.
Looking at headphones at a max of 200 dollars, from what I've gathered the HD25-1 II seems to be a good choice. Read also some about the CAL and ATH-M50, I'm pretty much just wondering what would a cheaper alternative to the HD25-1 II. I generally listen to electronic music, enjoy crystal treble and punchy bass (I'm not a huge bass addict though :p). Isolation isn't too important for me, I probably would tend to semi-open styles. Besides that, I had issues with cables breaking regarding the PMX-100 and some older Sony cans... so I guess a solid cabling is important for me as well.

Thanks for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back