Advice on office headphones
Sep 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ctracey

New Head-Fier

[size=10pt]Hello all, [/size]

[size=10pt]Well,I am fairly new to this site, but eager to learn. I have a friend who is a long
time member and I accompanied him to a meet last year in Kenosha Wisconsin. 
[/size][size=10pt]   [/size]

[size=10pt]Anyways, [/size][size=10pt]I am looking to obtain some new headphones for my work space. I did a little research, but the last thread on here about a "first" set up was form
February and he was pursing "Beats by Dre". gross. So, I am looking
for your help.
[/size]

[size=10pt]I have moved to our main office and I am a lot closer to co-workers than before. [/size]

[size=10pt]What I am looking for in a headphone at this moment is something that would be well
suited for my desk. What I mean is, something that will help with sound
cancelation (if even just a little) but still provide a rich sound.
[/size]

[size=10pt]I really like the B&W P5's, but am wondering if there is a better or
different alternative at that price point.
[/size]

[size=10pt]Any and all input is appreciated, fellow enthusiasts. [/size]

[size=10pt]Looking forward to your responses and being a part of this community.[/size]

Thanks, Chris

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 4
If you don't mind the idea of having something inside your ear (like an earplug) then I would suggest looking at iems as they will give you the most isolation. If you find that iems are too uncomfortable then there are many full size headphones worth considering. I would have to reccomend the HD-25ii if you want amazing isolation, and portability. They cost about $200. Another option would be the ATH-M50, which cost around $100-$150 depending on where you buy them. Both will offer good isolation, the HD-25ii's offering better, and they have good accurate sound.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 4
SRH840s being an alternative to the AT. Decent isolation and they sound pretty decent. Might also consider the SRH440 if you are running them straight off your computer.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #4 of 4
Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

I actually came across a fantatstic deal on some B&W's and decided to jump on them.

I will keep the recomended selections above in mind as I have a feeling that this wont be my only set.

Thanks,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back