Advice on headphones around 80-100ish
Mar 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

monkeysez

New Head-Fier
I needed some advice on purchasing headphones for about $80-100ish. They will be primarily used for watching movies connected to an onkyo receiver, playing pc games, and listening to music on the pc. I will occassionally use them for console gaming as well.
I like rock, hip hop, reggaeton, and dance music (not techno stuff).

I like a rich sound with some bass as well.

I have narrowed my search to the following after reading this thread.

Creative Aurvana Live
Koss prodj100
Audio-technica m50 if I could find it for around 100.

anything else i should be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 20
Of those three I would pick the m50's. Some here don't care for them much. I thought they sounded pretty good overall and work well with lots of different music. You might consider:

-m audio Q40's for a few dollars more or about the same price if you can find them used here

thanks...

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 20
If you can find ATH-M50's in that price range, I think they are a pretty darn good all-round budget can..  I know there has been some backlash against them on the forums here but I still use mine a lot and love them.. even though the HD650's sit in the drawer next to them.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
so i have been seriously looking at Audio-technica ath-a700 since i have a ten dollar giftcard at both amazon and newegg. thoughts on comfort and bass level?

Well.. I borrowed a pair of ATH-A950LTD's from a buddy for a couple weeks and found them incredibly bright..  I found it almost piercing trebles, with virtually no bass. I'm used to my HD650's and M50's however.  I've read that the A9XX series is a marked improvement on the A7XX series, so I can only extrapolate my findings with the A950LTD's to say that for an all-round can, the A700 would probably not suit you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back