Advice Needed
Dec 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spigon

New Head-Fier
I have lately figured out my sound signature. I prefer a very analytical and neutral sound with emphasis in treble. I was wondering if anyone could recommend the cheapest and truly portable amp that would match my sound preference. It would be nice if I can get an amp with:
  1. A+ Soundstage
  2. A+ Sound Quality
  3. A+ Treble
  4. A+ Neutrality

Please keep in mind I am looking for the cheapest amp that fulfills my bulleted list as closely as possible. Furthermore can anyone recommend me any open back headphones that matches my sound signature and have synergy with the suggested amp. I am also looking to make this bang for your bucks (cheap) and for it to be comfortable. As for my budget I really don't have one but would like to keep it cheap as possible so I don't feel uber guilty later. Thank you for your help!

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 5

Maybe you should get IEMs/Headphones that are very analytical and emphasize on treble and then get an amp that compliments (covers its' weaknesses) its' specific sound sig.

Just a thought, but donno. Others might have a better suggestion.

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Sennheiser headphones sound like what you're looking for as far as headphone go, but I couldnt point you towards any specific pair. Amps? Im in the same boat, so cant help you there.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 5
I would say that Grado sr60i would meet the sound you describe and for the cheap amp just get a cmoy that you can change the opamp to your taste. All for about $150.

Cheap enough I think

Revised: I forgot that you said neutral and good soundstage. Grado's do not match that requirement sorry. They are very detail and very good for any kind of Rock style including acoustic.
Cheer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back