Advice for a newbie
Feb 19, 2024 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Slyfun

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am looking for earbuds for listening to music - mainly pop, hiphop and musical theatre.
My criteria are:
* budget 50-75 euro
*without heavy or extra bass
* wired
* with mic

I have had kz zst x and kz zsx. I love the energetic and vivid sound. Sadly they broke. I have salenotes zero but I find them a bit lifeless. Kz made me excited and feel like I am near the stage.

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 15
Hello, I am looking for earbuds for listening to music - mainly pop, hiphop and musical theatre.
My criteria are:
* budget 50-75 euro
*without heavy or extra bass
* wired
* with mic

I have had kz zst x and kz zsx. I love the energetic and vivid sound. Sadly they broke. I have salenotes zero but I find them a bit lifeless. Kz made me excited and feel like I am near the stage.
Try the Truthear HOLA or HEXA, or even the ZERO RED or BLUE if you prefer. Salnotes Zero are also excellent.

Feb 20, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 15
Think the default rec at this price has become EA500LM by most. Although it is a few dollars more.
Strength: Above average resolution. Bass is good and snappy but not over bearing IMO.
Weakness: Treble is grainy and slightly sharp at times, a sacrifice for the resolution.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 15
Feb 21, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #10 of 15
What gives the liveliness of kz zsx? Is it worth to save up for something else. I have come across 7zh timeless, seeaudio, simgot ea1000. What do you think about shanling sono
Gain between 1-2kHZ is pretty aggressive so gives the liveliness is my guess. Honestly would recommend jumping to $300-500 and call it done. If you're still not sure what type of sound you like then you can buy a few more cheapies. Haven't tried any of those that you mentioned unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back