Advice about Audeze headphones
Oct 7, 2015 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gpolecle

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I actually have an Audeze EL-8. It sounds gread but have a little defect. When I move my head It makes strange sizzle (I thnk there is a membrane vibrating). I have two choices either I use the warranty or I return it and buy another one.

I was thinking about an Audeze LCD-XC. The problem is it is older than the EL-8 and 1000$ more expensive. Do you think it worth it or should I get mine repaired ?

Maybe you have a better suggestion of closed-back <= 32ohm cans ?

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 7
There's also the new Ether C which many consider to be the best closed headphone on the market today. Also more comfortable than LCD-XC. Regarding your EL-8, I don't know sorry :)

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 7
The Oppo PM3 +Ha2 portable amp is a smart looking, great synergy, killer combo 

====

or keep it simple..buy a Plantronics Backbeatpro...bluetooth to your fone..awww that sound !!

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 7
  There's also the new Ether C which many consider to be the best closed headphone on the market today. Also more comfortable than LCD-XC. Regarding your EL-8, I don't know sorry :)

I took a look and can't find a lot of information about these headphones. I only have 2 reviews and I can't be sure they are really independant. Do you have resources about them ?

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 7
The LCD-XC is not as comfortable to wear as the EL-8 but it is a lot better sound quality wise.

Where did you buy the EL-8? You might ask your dealer if you can do an exchange and let them handle the defect situation of the EL-8 that has the buzzing problem. And while you are there take a listen to the LCD-XC.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 7
If the LCD-XC has the same sound signature as the LCD-X, then be warned it doesn't sound like the EL-8 at all.  It won't sound as warm, it will sound much brighter, and it would have some mid range recession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back