ADVANCED GT-R Planar Magnetic
Sep 4, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #79 of 90
If we back and it doesn't prosper we get the money back correct?
I don't believe any money is ever paid out until the campaign is done. Either way, yes, you don't pay anything if the headphones don't happen. It seems they get closer to their goal every time. Don't give up folks, maybe keep trying until you get there. Or maybe until enough alt. funding is available that you can have a lower target at Indegogo to make the amount needed.

Sep 9, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #81 of 90
bummer. got the email about not making it. i went in for more then one even. sorry u guys couldnt make these a go. i would have loved to hear them in person.
Thanks for your words! We won't be bummed out for long. Market has spoken and we will move forward. We are working on a few new projects that we will unveil very soon. Keep you eyes/ears peeled for an update from us.

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #82 of 90
Thanks for your words! We won't be bummed out for long. Market has spoken and we will move forward. We are working on a few new projects that we will unveil very soon. Keep you eyes/ears peeled for an update from us.

Hopefully one is a Bluetooth-enabled, portable planar, since that's a market that's not really addressed yet. :) (I'm not forgetting Mobius but it's primarily sold for gaming and so has gaming-specific features I don't want/need, as well as the inability to be used 100% passively.)

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #83 of 90
Market has spoken and we will move forward. We are working on a few new projects that we will unveil very soon. Keep you eyes/ears peeled for an update from us.
Just curious. Do you mean developing new headphones, or trying to move forward with these, perhaps with lower funding? These were the best under $1000 planars I'd heard.

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #84 of 90
Just curious. Do you mean developing new headphones, or trying to move forward with these, perhaps with lower funding? These were the best under $1000 planars I'd heard.
GT-R will be on back-burner until we are able to secure enough demand and funding. As you may know, we've been trying to get funding for GT-R for over 1 year now. We don't have any immediate plan for them in the near future. The upcoming projects are Bluetooth products, as well as some new IEM's.

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #85 of 90
I still have my eyes on the M5-1D but of course its out of stock and I don't have the funds anyways lol

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #87 of 90
Suggestion. Go to MassDrop. They spec and prototype with long wait times there. They are putting out a budget version of Mr Speakers Ether Closed with payments collected later this month and no shipping of the product until next February. You could set a funding minimum for it as part of the drop, and only if that many speakers are pre-purchased, will it be done & should you not hit the target, nobody in the drop gets charged. They can reach a bigger audience and you set the drop up for the lower amount, until a certain number is reached. Then, as they do it there you can increase the amount on future drops there. For some companies an entire product line is often sold there - and only there. I think you might do well with that.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #88 of 90
Suggestion. Go to MassDrop. They spec and prototype with long wait times there. They are putting out a budget version of Mr Speakers Ether Closed with payments collected later this month and no shipping of the product until next February. You could set a funding minimum for it as part of the drop, and only if that many speakers are pre-purchased, will it be done & should you not hit the target, nobody in the drop gets charged. They can reach a bigger audience and you set the drop up for the lower amount, until a certain number is reached. Then, as they do it there you can increase the amount on future drops there. For some companies an entire product line is often sold there - and only there. I think you might do well with that.
Thanks for the suggestion. We work with Massdrop actively on some projects. They are very selective when it comes to Massdrop custom products, and also it's a long way to go for development, campaign to delivery. We may seek this route in the future.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #89 of 90
Suggestion. Go to MassDrop. They spec and prototype with long wait times there. They are putting out a budget version of Mr Speakers Ether Closed with payments collected later this month and no shipping of the product until next February. You could set a funding minimum for it as part of the drop, and only if that many speakers are pre-purchased, will it be done & should you not hit the target, nobody in the drop gets charged. They can reach a bigger audience and you set the drop up for the lower amount, until a certain number is reached. Then, as they do it there you can increase the amount on future drops there. For some companies an entire product line if often sold there and only there. I think you might do well with that.
I second this recommendation. I personally know a good number of audiophiles, including myself, that browse and buy from Massdrop regularly - including 1st-run and "experimental-to-the-market" products. Note the recent success of the Planamic in-ears. It also has a relatively knowledgeable and vocal HiFi customer base, enhancing the trust factor.

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #90 of 90
It's important that you stress that this headphone does A LOT that people on MassDrop want. That is corrections in sound, and design, at a lower price. That seems like a contradiction, ultimately, but these actually do that. VS. the Alpha. Lower price. Smaller, lighter. Actually fit my big head, that was BEFORE you improved the tension of the strap, to make it fit better I would imagine. They smooth out the high end peak and extend the sub bass in a non boomy way (the Harman Curve) that were issues kept Tyll at InnerFidelity from being sold on your Alphas. This is a big deal. They have the best sub bass I've heard on a Planar Magnetic, without any excess bloom in the high bass and low mids, with smooth highs. They're doing the things many feel the Sennheiser HD650 is lacking, without that saturated midrange, weak bass (sorry, it is) and foggy high end of most Audeze, or stridency of the HiFiMan. They even bested the Mr Speakers Aeon in sub bass, and not having such a narrow soundstage. The Ether / Ether Flow Open surpass them, but at what, 4-5 times the price? There is hope here. Perhaps float it. Let MassDrop do a poll, in their regular emails to see what people think. Generate interest. Make the points I'd made up there, better for less money is a big deal there. Additionally, the depth, softness, and fit of the earpads are great. If they are replaceable somehow that may help, but they are so good, make a point to people that they won't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back