ADVANCED GT-R Planar Magnetic
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #48 of 90
looks like we didnt make it. can you please update the post here when you decide to go ahead with something else? id like to get in as the early bird type backer since i was here both times.
We've decided to relaunch once more since we've received a lot of inquiry from previous backers to leave funding window open. We are now setting it up on Indiegogo platform and will be sure to update this thread as well when it goes live. We plan to relaunch within the next 1-2 weeks as to not lose the momentum too much.

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #54 of 90
Hello. Is the head band removable? I see screws holding it to the outer metal mechanism, just want to be sure. I usually have to take them off to accommodate my head. When I'd tried them on though at CanJam 2017 it seemed like these would extend far enough, but the only way to tell if that is enough over an extended time is wearing them for an extended time. It'd be nice to know if I have that option.

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #55 of 90
Hello. Is the head band removable? I see screws holding it to the outer metal mechanism, just want to be sure. I usually have to take them off to accommodate my head. When I'd tried them on though at CanJam 2017 it seemed like these would extend far enough, but the only way to tell if that is enough over an extended time is wearing them for an extended time. It'd be nice to know if I have that option.
Hello Mark, the head band is not removable. We will also reduce overall tension of the steel headband about 12% in mass production, in order to provide relief for those that found the GT-R too tight around their heads.

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #56 of 90
@Peter Yoon does each ear cup have a removable cable connection? What type of connector? Hoping each cup has separate connections, with no common ground, for use with a balanced cable. With the correct info I can build a cable, if needed. Thanks

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #57 of 90
@Peter Yoon does each ear cup have a removable cable connection? What type of connector? Hoping each cup has separate connections, with no common ground, for use with a balanced cable. With the correct info I can build a cable, if needed. Thanks
Each cup has removable cable connection. It is with 2.5mm connector termination.

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #58 of 90
Peter - get a sample pair to a couple of high profile reviewers, and it could be enough to drive things forward. Not sure is Amos has room (he's in Japan) but he'd have experience with other Planars. It wouldn't take much to get the word out. I'd back them - but the Missus knows I backed Mobius, and now probably not a good time to push my luck.

Jul 23, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #59 of 90
I agree, let popular reviewers put up some reviews to get the word out. They will like these. They do what so many planars just can't. More dynamic, punch. That flat wall of sound with an overly hot midrange that burden other planars isn't here. Honestly, even the LCD-4 suffers from some of what I had mentioned, these don't. They also reach into the sub bass farther than any planar I have tried. Without bloated mid bass. Mids are flat and honest, not too much or little. The high mids are accurate and not sharp. Non peaky but detailed highs. Definitely, they are warmer leaning cans, but with good resolution, and not overly colored. The fit is great, loosening the headband as you plan to will be even better. The ear pads are perfect, covering a normal to above average circumference ear fine, plenty of depth. Very comfortable. If you make them removable, please don't lose that feature. Make them very easy to remove and put a new pair on, that won't wear out how they attach and you'll have something. You could include velour pads for those who want the tonal difference that we know they provide headphones. Don't worry if you can't. These felt like very, very durable pads. I don't see why they wouldn't last a lifetime of normal use. So if they ultimately can't detach, I'm perfectly fine with that also.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #60 of 90
@Brooko @Mark Up We have been trying our hardest for the 1 full year trying to do just that. We have made only 3 prototype samples and were limited by what we could do with them logistically and timing-wise, especially with a lot of reviewers already with many other headphones in their queue. Having said that, we've had Zeos and DMS take a look at GT-R, as well as B9 / Cinder from Head-fi. We'd hoped that Tyll would take a look at them, but he had already retired by the time we were able to get a unit out to him. If you have anybody in mind that could help in tipping it over, please do let me know! I'll try reaching out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back