ADVANCED GT-R Planar Magnetic
Jul 24, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #61 of 90
@Peter Yoon I've already backed the campaign but I'm afraid that it's not moving fast enough to become reality.

I'm certainly no Tyll or @Brooko but if you're interested in sending them to Norway I'd be happy to share my impressions of them and compare them to my other headphones (see my profile for list) :)

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #62 of 90
@Brooko @Mark Up We have been trying our hardest for the 1 full year trying to do just that. We have made only 3 prototype samples and were limited by what we could do with them logistically and timing-wise, especially with a lot of reviewers already with many other headphones in their queue. Having said that, we've had Zeos and DMS take a look at GT-R, as well as B9 / Cinder from Head-fi. We'd hoped that Tyll would take a look at them, but he had already retired by the time we were able to get a unit out to him. If you have anybody in mind that could help in tipping it over, please do let me know! I'll try reaching out.
Immediate people with enough following to make fast progress ....

Jude - but not sure if he’d have the time with all the CanJams
Marcus at Headfonics
Lieven at Headfonia
Alex (Twister6) on Headfi- he’s reasonably local to you

Peter123 also a good choice - unfortunately he’s in same boat I am (not exactly local). I’d love to review them - but time is your enemy because of my location.

As long as potential reviewers know they have 1 week and the prototypes need to be returned, if you could get a couple of the above interested - it might get you over the line.

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #63 of 90
@Brooko @Mark Up please do let me know! I'll try reaching out.
I know you are wary of doing a review tour. Perhaps a smaller one just for USA folks, to save time and shipping of only one headphone set? I think if you just go to YouTube and search Headphone Reviews, you'll see in addition to Zeos and DMS, there are many other high traffic reviewers who would really love to hear these.

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #66 of 90
You could also try the more mainstream tech sites such as engadget & pocket-lint, as well as Steve Guttenberg at CNET. Yeah, I know how most audiophiles feel about the last one, but if it helps...

Jul 25, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #68 of 90
Thanks for the pointers guys! We've actually tried reaching out to most referenced here. Trying to get hold of Peter123 since we have a unit in Italy...

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #72 of 90
while im not a huge fan of him linus tech tips on you tube has a huge following also
I would suggest sending some cd's with proper music, he is using spotify most of the time...

Aug 31, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #73 of 90
After researching all the reviews and comments I could find, I just backed the GT-R on Indiegogo. I really, really wanted to check out a pair of Alphas prior to committing, but I could not find any for sale, and the Indiegogo deadline is just too close. From what I've read, these (or the Alphas) have sound signature combinations I value but rarely find, combined with a solid reputation for quality in manufacturing (the Alpha). The campaign's at 61% with 8 days remaining... unless the deadline can be extended, I'm not feeling optimistic. I honestly don't see why this campaign/product isn't more popular and already fully funded. Is there just saturation of the market? Is it an exposure issue? Bad time of year to be asking for disposable income (end-of-summer-back-to-school time)? Well, I'm pulling for y'all!

Aug 31, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #74 of 90
After researching all the reviews and comments I could find, I just backed the GT-R on Indiegogo. I really, really wanted to check out a pair of Alphas prior to committing, but I could not find any for sale, and the Indiegogo deadline is just too close. From what I've read, these (or the Alphas) have sound signature combinations I value but rarely find, combined with a solid reputation for quality in manufacturing (the Alpha). The campaign's at 61% with 8 days remaining... unless the deadline can be extended, I'm not feeling optimistic. I honestly don't see why this campaign/product isn't more popular and already fully funded. Is there just saturation of the market? Is it an exposure issue? Bad time of year to be asking for disposable income (end-of-summer-back-to-school time)? Well, I'm pulling for y'all!
Thank you for your support DNArtist! Hope we can pull off as we’ve asked Indiegogo to help with exposure. Fingers crossed.

Aug 31, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #75 of 90
If we back and it doesn't prosper we get the money back correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back