TOUR CLOSED - Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus two surprises >>> Starting March 2017
May 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #137 of 340
May 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #138 of 340
I received the tour units today, everything appears to be in perfect shape.

Thanks to Poetik for sending them to me.

IMG_6763.JPG

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #141 of 340
I picked up the east coast tour package from the post office today. The W900 is the real deal. Very impressed.
It is very nice. Cannot get that one out of my head.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #145 of 340
Hot diggity dog!

My only fear is that I'm going to fall hard for w900. My wallet is already crying:sob:

I bought W900 blind at a discount via the indiegogo promotion, but after living with them for a couple of months I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again at full retail. I have little desire to listen to anything else and they have essentially replaced all of my other headphones. Unless you need elevated treble detail/presence they do everything else exceptionally well.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #146 of 340
I bought W900 blind at a discount via the indiegogo promotion, but after living with them for a couple of months I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again at full retail. I have little desire to listen to anything else and they have essentially replaced all of my other headphones. Unless you need elevated treble detail/presence they do everything else exceptionally well.

You, sir, got them for a steal! I kick myself for not getting in on that deal when I saw it (and could have bought in) but then again, who knew it would be this good.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #147 of 340
It is very nice. Cannot get that one out of my head.

I no longer own any hybrids to compare but I'd probably say it's the best hybrid I've heard to date. I personally would prefer a little less bass but it's really well done and works good in noisy environs. Most importantly it doesn't have any of the treble spikes that plague a vast majority of hybrids. Nice form factor on demo too.

Jun 1, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #148 of 340
West coast set is on it's way to nmatheis, enjoy!

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #150 of 340
Looking forward to trying out the AAW lineup! One week closer..

-

On another note, their CS so far seems to be away on some sort of vacation:frowning2: I do feel badfor posting here on a slight tangent, but hoping I can find some contact for an AAW rep here.
I've had custom IEMs before and have never truly been 100% happy with them in terms of value, but decided to take a chance again looking for a fairly priced everyday-use IEM to take with me to school -- this is where the A3H caught my eye.

I spoke to their customer service a few weeks ago (~20 days?) and they confirmed that they'd be able to reshell a second hand A3H for me via ownership transfer service. As a result, I purchased an A3H from another user on Head-Fi.org, and had him send the unit over to AAW's office. AAW noted all of this and acknowledged that the other user would be sending the IEM in. I had a few more questions which I sent on May 15th, but haven't had a response since. I decided not to bother them as they were probably just a little too busy to respond.

However, it had been about 17 days and still no response. After the A3H for reshell had been delivered to their office just this past Monday, I decided to send another email asking if they arrived safely... it's been about 4 days since and it doesn't seem anyone's seeing my messages. I did feel really bad for sending another message, but right now I'm without any IEM (it's at AAW's office) and minus a hundred plus dollars. Friends encouraged me to try contacting via Facebook, since it appears as if they reply instantly there; but turns out it's just an autoreply bot working their Facebook messenger.

Hoping to find a solution or some form of contact I can reach AAW at (~3 weeks, 2 emails, 1 FB message without response)... heard great things about the A3H and was hoping to make it my daily IEM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back