Admit to it: you wear headphones in public that you shouldn't!
Jun 7, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #166 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Really? I didn't think the 7506s were that big. IDK no one has ever criticized my CD3000s size so maybe people here are just used to seeing big headphones? Or maybe like I said, they like the woody
biggrin.gif

They're not that big, but people around here are used to seeing nothing but little white cords coming from the ears. The biggest thing i've ever seen here is tiny clip-ons and Sony streetstyles.

Jun 7, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #168 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap
They're not that big, but people around here are used to seeing nothing but little white cords coming from the ears. The biggest thing i've ever seen here is tiny clip-ons and Sony streetstyles.

Oh, that would explain it. Tons of people at my school have Bose QC2s, Triports, and I've seem a couple of Senn 555s, 280s, and even some Alessandros, so their must be more people who wear fullsize headphoens here. Thank god for that, I don't think I could ever go back to the stock buds.

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #169 of 308
On the very rare occasion, I will use my HD497 or DT231 on the plane and while im on vacation.

I don't get any stange looks with them on.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #170 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
I also want my music teacher to see and hear them. He's a great guy, but a couple days ago, I saw a Bose QC2 box in his trashcan. I took the box; I plan to light it on fire in my driveway during summer break
evil_smiley.gif

This is the most funny thing I have read on headfi in weeks, thanks..
How cool...
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #171 of 308
The one thing about nerds in crap headphones is they can't hear you laughing.

Mwaaa haaaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jun 7, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #172 of 308
I wear my Pioneer Se-50's sometimes
wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-SE-50-St...QQcmdZViewItem

Just kiddin, I do wear them around my neck to and from gigs and get loads of comments about em, some not worth mentioning
wink.gif

I'm thinking of modding them up a bit cause they're a bit hard work, I want to keep the white domes, but the rest can be replaced as long as it stays retro. If anyone has any ideas drop me an eMail

Later

Jun 7, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #173 of 308
Wore HD600's, HD650's, A900's, and DT770's in public plenty of times (and this out of a PCDP + DAC + amp with think audiophile cables in between). No one seems to care, and if they're giving me strange looks, they're going it behind my back.

But, thanks to the ES2, I don't need to bring one of those suckers out to get good quality on the move, and most people don't even notice them in my ears.

Jun 27, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #174 of 308
Since I have my Koss KSC50 I wear my hair open... I hope that hides them more or less. Unfortunately its summer and its just HOT like that...
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #175 of 308
Miami Airport. I bummed a cigarette from this girl that turned out to be from Morocco. She hands it to me and exclaims about my V900s around my neck. "Those are big screwing headphones, huh?". I replied, "heck ya, and they sound great".

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #176 of 308
Heh, I rock UM2's so they're pretty inconspicuous, apart from looking a little like hearing aids! People get pissed when they talk to me and I don't even acknowledge anything has been said though. And sometimes I get funny looks when I go to eat a mint and pull out earphones instead.
Picture13.jpg

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #177 of 308
Well, the school year is over, and I wore my K701s to school a few weeks ago. The following are the best comments I got (the most common being: Look at those big-ass headphones! and Do they sound good?):

'Woah, it's like you have a whole damn antenna on yo head!

Somebody's going on a space mission!

Ooh, shiny!'

And then the convo:

Girl: Wow, how much were those?
Me: $50
tongue.gif
I plan to upgrade to the Bose Triports soon though.
icon10.gif

Girl: What the heck?! What a waste of money! Why couldn't you just buy a crappy set of cool earphones and save the rest for another iPod!

*sigh* So crazy...but who am I to say that
icon10.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #178 of 308
I rock my 650s all the time; at school, work, walking around in public. I always get the *strangest* looks when I pack them back into my Headcase though.

I usually counter with an equally strange (or seductive, for the "freak out" effect) look, and they get uncomfortable and look away.

580smile.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #179 of 308
I switch between my Stax SR-001 MkII and my HD650 to bring to school, depending on my mood and the weather of course...

Sometimes I turn up the volume just high enough to block out the ambient noise in the library then I tap to the beat unaware of the people arouind me.

Jun 27, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #180 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Girl: Wow, how much were those?
Me: $50
tongue.gif
I plan to upgrade to the Bose Triports soon though.
icon10.gif

Girl: What the heck?! What a waste of money! Why couldn't you just buy a crappy set of cool earphones and save the rest for another iPod!

*sigh* So crazy...but who am I to say that
icon10.gif

etysmile.gif
Girls...
biggrin.gif
But I have a friend who didn't understand how I could spend 300 € on speakers too...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back