Admit to it: you wear headphones in public that you shouldn't!
Jan 17, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #91 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Admit it!

You wear gigantic, probably-not-best-suited for public, or open headphones in public.

Nope. I tend to be more self-conscious than I should be in public already, without increasing it even more by wearing silly-looking headphones.

Jan 17, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #92 of 308
Well I didn't have the E4cs last week (sent them in for warranty/ exchange) so I grabbed the Sr-225's for the train! They weren't too bad, I had them on the same volume as I did at home, wasn't great because you all the noise but when godspeed kicks in all is fogiven!

A group of 4 girls were sitting near me (to the left) there were no funny looks or giggles. (well girls always giggle but I don't think it was about me..... or was it!?)
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #93 of 308
Haha funny responses in this thread.
I just gave my gf my Sennheiser HD-497 after I got my er4p.
She wore it on the bus with a bunch of her friends, and everyone thought she was weird with the headphones, and they all wanted to try it on "to see how they look in them"
rolleyes.gif

Apparently, fashion comes over functionality in the female world.

Jan 17, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #94 of 308
I've worn my MS1 to work before (I work at a supermarket at night filling the shelves and when the stores closed I'm allowed to just listen to music all night via my headphones) and no one mentioned anything (maybe that's cause they are used to me listening to music all night I dunno)

I am considering wearing my HD555 there one night (when the mood for that presentation takes me) and I'm sure that'll get a comment or two....

Jan 17, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #95 of 308
I'm going to wear an SR-5 gold outside to celebrate me winning an ebay auction (and getting the items) for the first time
biggrin.gif
At least the SR-5 doesn't look nearly as ugly as the lambda line >_>

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #96 of 308
I get enough looks while I put on my ER-4S on the subway. People think I'm doing something weird to my ears. I've seen a couple of people wearing SR60s on the subway though.

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #97 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripley
Of course, we're both mathematicians, so the "coolness" bar is already set about as low as possible...

Haha, classic. Thats funny stuff.. I've actually worn the HD280's around campus. Those days are gone, now, though, and I can be seen pretty much anytime with my AKG K26P's on my head or around my neck. I've gotten some looks but no weird ones or laughs.

JD

Jan 17, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #98 of 308
I just wear my E2c's when I'm in public, but I have a feeling that if I did wear something bigger, especially on campus, it would go quite unnoticed. I see lots of people with Bose Triports or big Sony headphones, and no fewer than three people wearing Grados. I was especially impressed by those.

Jan 17, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #99 of 308
I wear my HD 205 all the time. If it's not on my head, it's hanging around my neck
eggosmile.gif

People don't really react rudely to headphones around here eventhough it's rare that you see people wearing them outside. I do get stared at a lot, but that's normal i guess. I've worn them on the train, the bus - everywhere! I'm proud to say that I've converted two of my co-workers - indirectly. They didn't ask me what brand/model to get when they each got their own though, and i was shocked to see one of them with a really big philips headphone. It's a lot bigger than mine!

Jan 17, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #100 of 308
I wear my SR60s in public.
worst of all, i wear my apple ibuds in public (when i have no where to fit my PX100s) (i'm working on getting some IEMs)

Jan 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #101 of 308
I've worn headphones for most of my life in public...

I wore these for the better part of 10 years. They were re-terminated (2x) and the left cable was cut and re-soldered once because of a loose connection. I had some other vaious ones (namely some sony EarMuf like things that sounded like crap and had a really thin cord).

tonerphones.jpg

About 3 years ago I got some Sennheiser HD570s which I was planning to use in plublic but when it came down to it I was too embarrased by their size, found that they weren't efficient enough to drive with my portable, didn't provide enough isolation (for me and anyone around me) and to top it off they were the most expensive headphones I had ever owned.

Last year I bought some Sennheiser MX400 earbuds and to be honest I was very dissapointed with these. They didn't block out nearly enough sound when on the bus, they didn't have much in the way of bass response and they kept falling out of my ears. To top it off when it was cold out the cord would get very stiff and this would aggevate the problem with them falling out of my ears.

I bought some Shure E2Cs that I use now and these are great. I love having the cord behind my back and it's kind of funny when people will stand behind me and have a full (one way) conversation. They'll lean forward and i'll pull one out so I can hear them haha.

As for what i've seen. I've seen a few Sennheiser HD212s, tons of random buds, a fair number of ibuds and a few full sized Sony's. What I hate the most is when (mostly when I had the MX400s) I could hear someone else's music over mine, I am thankful for the isolation my Shure E2Cs povide.

Jan 18, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #103 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
Haha, classic. Thats funny stuff.. I've actually worn the HD280's around campus. Those days are gone, now, though, and I can be seen pretty much anytime with my AKG K26P's on my head or around my neck. I've gotten some looks but no weird ones or laughs.

JD

Wow, you put my quote in your sig! I feel honored. Wearing the giant A900s around has finally paid off! (Well, other than the great sound, of course)

Now if I could just work on their sex appeal...

Jan 18, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #104 of 308
Wore the HD600 to work the other day, carrying my (giant) vintage Fisher PCDP and the PCII in a plastic bag, together with a thing of CD's.

First thing my boss says to me, pointing at my head:

"ET phone home!!"

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #105 of 308
I'm using my eggos at work. When my eggo was being repaired, I used my DT770 as a replacement. After 3-4 hours wearing them is start getting uncomfortable though. It hurts where the headband touch the top of my head. My workmate comments ' Hmm, your headphone is getting bigger and bigger.'
biggrin.gif
He hasn't seen my CD3k
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back