Admit to it: you wear headphones in public that you shouldn't!
Jan 5, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #61 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by winged creature
I wore the HD 280pro on the subway and the bus several times, i kinda stopped now cause i got funny looks and on top of that my gf used tease me bout the cans.

maybe you should tease her about hers?
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #62 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by illuxionist
HF-1 in IKEA when I was looking for 'headphone stand'
rs1smile.gif

HAHA good man.

I did the same just before christmas when i went looking for my headphone stand. Found a banana stand in my local beales, tried my HF-1's on them (to some weird looks from the younger staff members, then put em back on and walked off.

It went straight on my christmas list, and dear old mother...i mean santa.... got it for me
rs1smile.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #66 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
RA-1 clone/RS-1/SR 225
SRM-XH/Lambda/Omega II
Pota Corda II/HD 600
T-amp/K 1000

So what?

you wear K 1000s in public? I would be scared to damage them, and I can't imagine they sound too good.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #67 of 308
I wear the Eggos when I am not using my canalphones. No odd looks for the most part. I have stopped girls on the street wearing Eggos on occassion. Whenever I see someone wearing Grado's I wonder how they can hear the music through NYC racket.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #69 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
I wear the Eggos when I am not using my canalphones. No odd looks for the most part. I have stopped girls on the street wearing Eggos on occassion. Whenever I see someone wearing Grado's I wonder how they can hear the music through NYC racket.

NYC isn't that noisy to me. I've grown up in urban areas so I may be desensetized but I don't see NYC as noisy, unless your on a train. I can't hear people talk over the racket of the sound of grinding metal.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #70 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
you wear K 1000s in public? I would be scared to damage them, and I can't imagine they sound too good.

Well, they certainly aren't suitable for extremely noisy environments like subways, but they sound very good when I relax in our central park.Actually I don't like to be totally isolated (sonically) with all those dogs and bums around.
The K1000s are relatively robust studio headphones and they are relatively inexpensive, at least by my terms and where I live.
I've payed less for one of my used pairs than for my DAP.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #71 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
I've been wearing my DT770s quite a bit this winter, they make great earmuffs
biggrin.gif
Done the SR225 thing occasionally too, though they don't stay on very well...

I too wear my DT770s out to keep my ears warm. I don't need the isolation from the e2c.

Jan 6, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #72 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Admit it!

You wear gigantic, probably-not-best-suited for public, or open headphones in public.

You probably shouldn't, and you get lots of funny looks, but you do. Sound trumps fashion, of course!

I can't be the only one wearing rediculously large headphones around. I know there are more of you. Raise your hands! Be proud!

ahhh... a fellow NYer. i live in brooklyn also and i use the MTA everyday (N train AND bus), as you know theres a lot of people in the subways and i just hate it when people stare at you because you have large headphones on. i try to stare at them back, most of them look away when i do but they just look back afterwards when i look away. its really annoying...
mad.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #73 of 308
I've wore HD600's in the streets and on the subway. (One time I was in NYC)
Some people looked at me like What? and on the subways people stared at me like there was no tomorrow.
And I am proud and don't care. I acutally perfer full size cans over using IEM's or something that is really portable.

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #74 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro Point
I've wore HD600's in the streets and on the subway. (One time I was in NYC)
Some people looked at me like What? and on the subways people stared at me like there was no tomorrow.
And I am proud and don't care. I acutally perfer full size cans over using IEM's or something that is really portable.

heh...a few people have laughed at my friend for wearing his Bose headphones in the subway. they didnt even know him.

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #75 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons
heh...a few people have laughed at my friend for wearing his Bose headphones in the subway. they didnt even know him.

Their just jealous they can't afford even an entry-level headphone and also are jealous they don't have knowledge on headphones.
evil_smiley.gif

lol
I would acutally be the one laughing at them using there iBuds or any cheap crap earbuds/headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back