ADEL™ Drum Earbuds
Dec 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #121 of 338
Is the ADEL integrated or is it removable like 64 audio/Empire Ears?

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #122 of 338
seamon : Here may answer your question.

Quote:
  The whole construction of the drum is modular. So you can really mix and match different components for desired results.

There's different membrane thicknesses on the hoops coming, different grills for different isolation, different nozzle inserts and an insert for changing the space of the port from the back of the speaker/membrane side to the front (that pass thru section).

In an IEM, there's basically no sound leakage. Again though, this is an earbud with a much larger membrane and entirely different design, it's not an IEM. So in it's stock form, the Drum is much more of an open back headphone, in ear bud form. That carries over with the sound leakage.

Adding the BA is really for the sparkle and treble extension. I went over a brief run down on the different mode break downs when I was plowing thru questions on Friday night, probably 1 page back in the thread at this point. 

1) Yes it is the driver out of the A8
2) Since the housings and way we deliver the sound is verrrrrrry different, it'd be tough to do an A/B comparison.
3) It's a grill, it shouldn't make any different in terms of sound. It's more an aesthetic option than anything.
4) These are very open, there is sound leakage. These are just like an open back headphone. They're designed so you can have conversations with your music still playing, rather than locking you away in a bubble and having no idea what's going on if you aren't directly looking at it.
5) The build of the Drum is done to be modular. So there is alot of bits and pieces you can swap out, to allow the user to customize the sound and listening experience. (went over on previous post).

I would have, had I known this thread was a thing, this thread was not started by us, since we are not Head-Fi sponsors. The Empire/ADEL launch is my main focus, hence being active on that thread and oblivious to this one.

That's weird... I respond to every email that I get, even on weekends. Sounds like the person running the website has been delayed in forwarding them to me. I apologize for that.
In the future you can always PM me on here, or email me directly at Stephen.Keeley@AsiusTechnologies.com 

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #123 of 338

True and I can vouch with my subjective experience.  My tinnitus that I suffered daily is now gone completely.  I love the light open feeling of not having pressure in my eardrums, I can't stand pressurized IEM's anymore. 

Are you saying that you don't have tinnitus anymore? or just when you are using the ADEL system?

I have a light tinnitus (in my opinion) and I can live with it but it this helps, I'm all in.

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #126 of 338
Say how do you know if you have it or not?

Before I had ADEL IEMs, I would daily get the tinnitus ringing. It's like you go deaf in that ear for a split second and then you hear a high pitched ringing and then you hear normally again. I used to get that everyday. Now with ADEL I do not get it at all because my acoustic or stapedius reflex is not being triggered due to excessive pneumatic pressure thus allowing me to percieve a louder volume at a lower db.

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #130 of 338
  Anybody knows the latest status of the ADEL Drum on Indiegogo?

Backers are waiting until they ship. There is no need to update anythings more since the campaign ended, however It keeps "In Demand".

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #132 of 338
For Anyone who would like to know the specification of ADEL Drum Perk Level 1&2 (10mm) and ADEL Drum Perk Level 3&4 (11mm Cardass). You guy could look into the following links.

10mm. Driver version : https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1193467460731849/?rid=216372478381148&rt=6

11mm. Cardass Driver version : https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1180438018714035/?rid=216372478381148&rt=6

With impedance at 30Ohm and sensitivity at 112dB. I thinks It's quite easy to drive from any devices.

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #133 of 338
For Anyone who would like to know the specification of ADEL Drum Perk Level 1&2 (10mm) and ADEL Drum Perk Level 3&4 (11mm Cardass). You guy could look into the following links.

10mm. Driver version : https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1193467460731849/?rid=216372478381148&rt=6

11mm. Cardass Driver version : https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1180438018714035/?rid=216372478381148&rt=6

With impedance at 30Ohm and sensitivity at 112dB. I thinks It's quite easy to drive from any devices.

Great to know, thank you! Drum is turning out to be spectacular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back