add a 2nd source to my amp
Oct 11, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole
That datasheet is for 3 different parts, the SPST 10TF605, SPDT 10TF610, and the part MisterX recommended, the 10TF615. .

It was a example not a recommendation.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2
do I want one that is on-on-on, on-off-on, on-none-on, and what's w/ the (on) and the mom?
confused.gif

on-on-on has three positions, all of which connect at least two lugs. I don't see how this can be a DPDT at all.

on-off-on is just like a typical DPDT, only it has a middle position where the bat can rest, with none of the solder lugs connected to any other. If you were to use this one in your situation, you'd have a mute position. (Or possibly a "noise" position, if your amp doesn't like its inputs to be floating.)

on-none-on is also known simply as on-on, and is the standard DPDT type. It just has two positions, where the common lugs connect to one set or the other of the other lugs.

And 'mom' is short for 'momentary'. That's a spring-loaded position towards one direction. Your car's ignition switch has a momentary 'start' position: you engage it while starting the car, and let off on the key once the car is started, allowing the switch to rock back into the 'run' position.

Oct 16, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #20 of 22
I got my order from digi-key today and the switch I ordered, part #360-1070-ND: Switch Toggle DP3T 6A 5pcs

there was only 1 switch!
eek.gif
what gives, at $21 that's an insane price for just one toggle switch!
frown.gif

Oct 16, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #21 of 22
Damn, you ordered one serious switch, it's a Dual-Pole Triple-Throw, but the picture shows it as a 3P3T, in either case, it's rated at 6 Amps and it's in the miniture line so yah, it'll probably be expensive. I think you can use it to switch on and off the mains line for your entire bathroom and it'll handle it.

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #22 of 22
I was also wondering the same thing. I just got my "SWITCH TOGGLE SPDT 6A 5PCS" (Part #360-1058-ND) a couple days ago and was also expecting 5 units and only got one. At $5.86 CAD, that's more than even Radio Shack charges for a similar unit. Should I be complaining to DK or am I missing something here?

And 6A is not particularly hefty. Most small switches are in the 3-7A range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back