AD700 vs HD555 vs Other
Mar 19, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even my ad2ks can get beaten by the sweet organic mids of the senn 555s if that part of the range the senns are good at is all you focus on.

Yes! That is exactly where the 555s shine. People who put down the 555s must not listen to alot of female vocals. The 555s do female vocals better than my dt880s and dr150s and its not even close for me. I don't know if its a Sennheiser thing or not because the 555s are the only Senn cans that I have heard.

I spent some time with the ad700s though and they beat the 555s in every category except vocals.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 23
Have the same question: HD555 or AD700.
Want to use for relaxing music listening. Music: blues, jazz, other quiet genres (something like Enigma, Acoustic Alchemy, Keiko Matsui).
What should I choose? Soon I'm going to buy E-MU 0202.
The only problem is that I can buy HD555 in my city, but AD700 I have to order from ebay - this means pay money for delivery and wait about 1 month.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grossmeister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have the same question: HD555 or AD700.
Want to use for relaxing music listening. Music: blues, jazz, other quiet genres (something like Enigma, Acoustic Alchemy, Keiko Matsui).
What should I choose? Soon I'm going to buy E-MU 0202.
The only problem is that I can buy HD555 in my city, but AD700 I have to order from ebay - this means pay money for delivery and wait about 1 month.

Definitely AD700 really esp. for that type of instrumental music.
No contest.
You can buy the AD-700 from Audiocubes if you want in which it should be faster.
Just contact them whether they have them in stock because Audio-Technica products do go fast there.

AudioCubes.com - Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Air Headphones - ATH-AD700 -

EDIT: Wow, that price of the AD-700's has skyrocketed...mmm..combonation of popularity + Yen to US dollar to blame.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT. Even comes close to the 595, which is (?) $100+ more.

To my ears, the difference between the 595s and 555s are small. The 555s even seem to have a better soundstage and sound richer and bassier. I feel the 555s are a better value than the 595 if the latter is 100 dollars more. If I were to do it over, I wouln't have gotten the 595s as an upgrade to th 555s, i would have directly went for something higher like the hd650s maybe or k701s or my current ad2000s

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely AD700 really esp. for that type of instrumental music.
No contest.
You can buy the AD-700 from Audiocubes if you want in which it should be faster.

Yeah the price there is really high and the other problem - they are not dealing with Ukraine (I believe it was caused by stupid communist people from my country - they always try to get everything for free
smily_headphones1.gif
). But I can always buy them from ebay.
There is an opinion on the biggest russian-language forum that:
1. HD555 have more "natural" sound and AD700 (compared with HD555) have more annoying highs.
2. AD700 have much better construction (more comfortable), they have (much) better sound stage and the sound they produce is more "beautiful".
So, this means that generally HD555 have more "soft" sound. What do you think about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back