Action against Storm Digital
Apr 30, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #106 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes him think there will be new customers?

I understand this perspective completely, and I think it's safe for everyone to reserve judgment until we see action and reliability on Ken's part.

Still, if the D02's sound is an example of what Ken is capable of, it in itself is a reason there will be more customers.

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #107 of 311
I would spring for a D02A if it was sold through a more reputable channel..e.g. cattylink or similar. At least I am buying 'in stock' units with some assurance I will actually get them.

May 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #108 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, Lord...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've to apologize for my unacceptable disappear for several months; some unbelievable things happen to me. The case factory made all the cases faulty so I couldn't use them. I refused to pay the factory owner, so he broke into my home and threatened violence. The stress pushed me into deadend. I know I should have emailed everyone who paid for D02A to let them know things would be delayed but I didn't think anyone would believe me. So instead I just tried to make the cases and finish the DACs.

I'm happy say the cases are complete and PCBs just need to collect from their factory. Unfortunately, I have to move house over next few days, hope this finished by Monday 30th April or Tuesday 1st May. I want to wait until after moving to assemble the DACs, so no damage to cases and circuits.

Also, you all think to receive the D02. This is incorrect! I will be sending you IMPROVED "D02A". D02A has all features of the D02 and also:

- I2S digital input

- USB input (type B plug)

- balanced output

- Output phase switch

- Clock IN/OUT (can be use with Emu 0404 etc)

- Compatible with 32/44/48/88.2/96Hz signal (D02 = 44.1 ONLY)

- 7 clocking options, including AUTO, work with all sources

Original battery-power feature is now external upgrade of base model D02A, with own machined case. I will send this part in ~3 months time after you receive DACs, or sooner - I need time to stabilize business and wait for income from new Storm customers. The DAC sounds better than D02, even without battery. With battery will MUCH better.

Next big feature of D02A is 16 Philips TDA 1543 chip upgrade. Old D02 has 8 chips, new D02A also 8 standard, but you get upgrade to 16 chips. This give tighter bass and more detailed sound. D02 no longer made because not as good enough compared to D02A base model. The 16 chips will be included in DAC when you receive it.

All these things I will send because you wait so patient for me. Retail price of new D02A will more than original D02A, but I'm upgrade you these feature for free. I have heard Benchmark DAC1, 47 Labs Progression and others, D02A beats them.

I just have assemble D02A and test which I will do after moved house. This will take 2-3 weeks and I will send DACs out NO LATER than May 31st, hopeful sooner. I will email when shipped and provide tracking number.

Pleas reply confirm your current shipping address including country (so I know voltage)

Thankyou

--

Law Ken

Storm Audio

Tel
frown.gif
852)97797770,(852)35980245

I can't believe that after all the BS from this Guy Headfi is giving him free advertising. The only thing people should accept from this guy is a refund. The Mods should really put an end to this.

May 6, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #109 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe that after all the BS from this Guy Headfi is giving him free advertising. The only thing people should accept from this guy is a refund. The Mods should really put an end to this.

Free advertising? This is the thread where resolution of the Storm Digital fiasco is supposed to take place. And if you read the thing I think you would be hard pressed to call it anything but a black eye for Ken Law. Advertising? Advertising? That is frankly just dumb. Since the point of the thread is action and resolution, why don't you sit tight and see what happens? And if you're not involved, why do you care? Your post is not productive in any way. If someone wants a refund, that's obviously between him or her and Ken Law.

May 8, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #110 of 311
Ken just showed me these photos of his balanced DAC circuit board which he said he picked up and began assembling yesterday. One transformer is for analog, the other for digital.
icon10.gif

I believe the shots are shortly being sent out to those waiting for a DAC.

The USB chip arrives tomorrow, cases apparently arrive this Friday. Assembly and testing over the following ~2 weeks.

Definitely the most elaborate "scam" I've ever seen and heard.

May 9, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #111 of 311
I got similar pics and info, I think his explanation might actually be legit. We'll see if I get this DAC, I'm not crossing my fingers but now I don't believe we were straight up scammed.

May 10, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #112 of 311
While my situation is not quite the same as everyone elses, I thought maybe I should post a link to the thread concerning my dealing with Ken Law/Storm Digital. For those familiar with it I've updated with the latest info which I'll copy here. For those unfamiliar with the thread/situation I suggest reading through the thread.

Quote:

I should have updated this thread a long time ago but my internet access had been severely limited until recently, so given Ken had apparently disappeared, going through the process of getting the thread unlocked and updating it got put on the backburner. But in light of what appears to be Ken Law and Storm Digital trying to make a comeback I thought I should update this thread now though.

Unfortunately the resolution worked out with the third party fell through, Ken didn't pay the third party by the required date so I refunded the third party the money they had sent me. Shortly after, at a severe loss, I sold the damaged DAC I had for parts. With Ken's disappearance I thought the situation was over and I chalked up my losses as a learning experience. With his recent re-emergence he is still is not speaking to me but has stated through the same third party that he intends to give me the partial refund we had agreed upon by June 27th, once he has generated some funds. Given the past history I have a hard time believing this or his other promises but I would like nothing more than for him to follow through with these recent promises, not so much for myself but for the others who have lost money and faith in the industry because of their experiences.

May 11, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #113 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While my situation is not quite the same as everyone elses, I thought maybe I should post a link to the thread concerning my dealing with Ken Law/Storm Digital. For those familiar with it I've updated with the latest info which I'll copy here. For those unfamiliar with the thread/situation I suggest reading through the thread.

Very brave I commend you for posting some truth.

These latest photos and spam are surely just another attempt to round up more victims.

May 11, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #114 of 311
Quote:

another attempt to round up more victims

What, Regal!!! You have NO right to say what you are saying on both this thread and the other - You are plainly saying that I am in league with (what you say is) a scammer, trying to make them more money via deceiptful means, and I TAKE STRONG OFFENSE AT THIS. What on earth would I stand to gain from this? A few posts to the effect of "something will be happening in the next 3 weeks" DO NOT constitute spam in any way shape or form. It's been said many many times already, but it doesn't seem to have seeped through your skull - you have no valid interest in this thread, so DO NOT post here. Leave it to those such as myself and elnero and others who are waiting on DACs, refunds or information from a solid source. You're so immature!

May 11, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #115 of 311
Quote:

Very brave I commend you for posting some truth.

These latest photos and spam are surely just another attempt to round up more victims.

For whatever reason regal has had something against Storm Digital for a long time. I am puzzled at why he is attempting to derail a thread that was set up by a member and stickied by the moderators to help buyers of the D02 band together and find resolution for a common problem with Ken Law. That problem may or may not be on the way towards resolution. I am not going to vouch for the authenticity of Ken's attempt to make things right. I simply don't know. Anyone who claims to know absolutely what Ken's intentions are based off of an e-mail and some pictures from this thread is an idiot, plain and simple. Anyone who tries to disrupt a thread like this by posting unhelpful, uninformed claims is obnoxiously rude, and must have a very difficult time understanding just how it is that reality operates. Calling an e-mail from Ken that was then posted by a member "spam" is evidence that regal doesn't understand the term at all.

For everyone's information, I started a thread back in October 2006 questioning the D02's build quality. These were some of regal's comments:

Quote:

The actual DAC section of the D02 is at most worth $40 of parts. What you paid for with the D02 is the battery tender/functionality. It would be difficult to put a value or reliability factor on that but I wouldn't give it long.

Quote:

A slight hum in a $500 DAC? You can do better for $100, DO2A's were'nt the only scam. Of course you won't hear about till all the DO2's are dumped on unsuspecting purchasers.

Quote:

I am glad to see some honesty reported here.

Quote:

I commend the honesty on this thread. Initially it was going the "protect my resale" direction. There is just no sense in ripping off another set of customers, this is a good forum.

This was my response to his second post. He didn't acknowledge it at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've noticed your opinions are usually pretty informed, but I don't see how this one could be. Since the purpose of this thread was to gather information, I would ask that you keep it free of non-empirical opinion. If there happens to be some weight behind that theory of yours, glad to hear it. If not, please don't post it in this thread.

Regal's comments here are about as substantive as they were back in October. I am not sure why he believes he is qualified to post in this thread.

For the record, I purchased elnero's damaged D02 for parts. The thing doesn't work at all. I think his post is entirely appropriate. Until elnero is as satisfied as is possible, and until Ken develops the kind of track record that instills confidence, I will reserve judgment.

Information is key. Regal doesn't have any.

May 13, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #116 of 311
The cases were assembled this morning. Several ppl waiting on the "D02" received these this morning:

Notice mucked up label 'outpus'. That was one of 4 trial cases, which I believe will be kept as demo units - the ones sent out to us will have correct spelling. The "D02" is now referred to by its proper name the PANDORA - the 'all-gifted' woman. Very nice. The looks remind me of current Theta gear.

Oh and for those who still don't think these are real.... yes you are correct, Ken spent years training in Lightwave but ended up just hiring a few guys from Pixar to render these 3D images, he simply couldn't manage to get the light and shading right.... NOT.

May 13, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #119 of 311
I received this email as well. They look amazing. I still wont be satisfied until I have a functional unit here in my home though. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Here are some higher res pics:

6ge9oxw.jpg

5yby3ag.jpg

66ysrk6.jpg

62zpuo4.jpg

May 14, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #120 of 311
those photos are amazing!

i cant wait to listen to it, i think i'm 2nd in line to take one home from coem audio

have we confirmed that the photos are not CG images or photoshops?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
just jokes!!
(sorry regal, had to make fun of you with this
evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back