Action against Storm Digital
May 14, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #121 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received this email as well. They look amazing. I still wont be satisfied until I have a functional unit here in my home though. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

2x... It is about one year from my order...

May 14, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #122 of 311
I am very excited at the prospect of getting an upgraded D02!

May 16, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #123 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe that after all the BS from this Guy Headfi is giving him free advertising. The only thing people should accept from this guy is a refund.

Completely agree. Amazed that people crucified you for saying that. The guy pulls this stunt, and now people show hi-res pictures and post in giddy anticipation for the promised DACs.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how easily he duped a number of people who kept coming to his defense even after it was painfully obvious he was ripping them off.

There is much more naivete at Head-fi then I realized. I can see why some scam artists are attracted.

May 16, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #124 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Completely agree. Amazed that people crucified you for saying that. The guy pulls this stunt, and now people show hi-res pictures and post in giddy anticipation for the promised DACs.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how easily he duped a number of people who kept coming to his defense even after it was painfully obvious he was ripping them off.

There is much more naivete at Head-fi then I realized. I can see why some scam artists are attracted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Subjective opinions are not necessarily equally valid.

Do you suggest, as regal did, that the mods should take care of this somehow? If someone paid for a DAC months ago and is just now finally going to receive it is it not his or her right to feel giddy if he or she chooses?

I happily crucified regal because he made a series of stupid accusations, subjective opinions that I considered completely invalid. I pointed out that he's made a habit of it. I don't care what regal thinks; I know with absolute certainty that he has less than no information to offer anyone involved with this matter. The only opinion I have expressed is that there is no point posting uninformed conclusions when no one is yet being asked to go out on a limb and pay Ken for anything. He's just, apparently, shipping out DACs to customers who paid for them a long time ago. If you don't want to believe that this is going to happen, thanks ever so much for bestowing your opinion upon me.

If you had paid Ken for a D02 and wanted to express something in this thread I would find it much more relevant. As I said, I am vouching for no one. I have seen some pictures that you haven't that lead me to believe that Ken is legit. I'm not going to post them here because I simply don't think attempting to sway people to one side or another is fair given the circumstances. It's not necessary either. Either Ken is legit and people get better DACs than they paid for or he's not and this thread remains open as a gathering place for people who wish to pursue recourse. Requesting that mods delete information or pictures when these things are entirely relevant to the resolution aspect of this thread is, in my subjective opinion, well below the intelligence of someone capable of operating a computer and navigating his way to Head-Fi. It lacks sense entirely, and smacks thickly of someone intent only on repeatedly expressing his poorly informed opinions, engaging with others in constructive conversation be damned.

What surprises me here is that someone concerned with the subjectivity of opinions is defending someone who proclaims mere accusations as though they are absolute truth.

May 16, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #125 of 311
waio it looks awesome, looks more like $5000 to me.

If it already has a usb input, why would any1 get an i2s for it?

May 16, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #126 of 311
Super, the quoted section is the part of Regal's post I agree with.

I think the only thing I'd adjust is rather then be concerned that Head-Fi is giving him free advertising (which I'm not), I can't believe members would do so by posting pictures and their excitement. While you maintain the idea is dumb, doing so at this point gives Ken a sheen of credibility as he tries to satisfy his customers (or pretend he's going to do so, as may be the case). He doesn't deserve that or any other amount of credibility. Ken has clearly demonstrated his dishonest and criminal behavior.

In much of your post, you seem to be responding to arguements and claims I never made. So I'm not really sure how to respond except to say I think my original post and this one don't need to be read into beyond what they say.

I hope Ken somehow turns from or is forced to not be a sleaze, and everyone gets their money or a DAC. I'd push for a refund immediately if it were me...I think if someone has that option, and chooses the DAC instead, they are really being foolish. I can't say I'll sympathize with them if they lose money going that route.

May 16, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #127 of 311
Quote:

Calling him a scam artist is maybe an overstatement.

Since his return to the surface, I have heard a new product that he has produced - a headphone amp - at my local hifi shop. He promised them this new piece of gear and he delivered. I also got to listen to their newly fixed D02 because he sent them the parts they needed to fix it, which they had paid for before he disappeared.

So it seems to me that he is working to regain his reputation and make good on his promises - from what i can understand they paid for the parts and ken disappeared with their money; but now he's finally delivered on his promise. If he was really still acting criminal then he'd probably just keep their money.

May 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #128 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjabba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those photos are amazing!

i cant wait to listen to it, i think i'm 2nd in line to take one home from coem audio

have we confirmed that the photos are not CG images or photoshops?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
just jokes!!
(sorry regal, had to make fun of you with this
evil_smiley.gif
)

I think i'm third in line :/ No self control

May 16, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #129 of 311
Quote:

So it seems to me that he is working to regain his reputation and make good on his promises - from what i can understand they paid for the parts and ken disappeared with their money; but now he's finally delivered on his promise. If he was really still acting criminal then he'd probably just keep their money.

Like everyone else at head-fi, I lurk this thread and I hope people get what they paid for, I really really do, but judging from how the story so far has panned out, I have a different interpretation.

I think pressure from law enforcement may play a role here. Think about it, yes the investigation takes ages to collect the evidence, but if an investigator did make contact, even something as simple as a phone call, it could have been that more than anything else that spurred Ken's sudden appearence and seemingly good nature regarding getting the products ordered out there.

I also agree that no pictures should have been posted until the product was in hand. Anything else is advertizing, and not right IMO.

Ken could have been telling the complete truth. Unfortunately we can only guess as to if he would have made an appearence without having an investigation opened on his activities.

And it's that doubt right there that makes the whole thing suspect. I could be wrong to be so skeptical, but it's not a chance we should be inspiring new headfiers to take.

May 16, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #130 of 311
At the risk of sounding like a broken record:

1) If you have not paid Ken any money then DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD

We have better things to do than 'firefight' the ppl trolling and lurking this thread with no reason/aims other than sheer entertainment value.

and:

2) Everyone who is actually INVOLVED with this - just hold tight til the end of the month.

I won't be posting any more comments in this thread until there is something to say. That is: someone has received a tracking number, a DAC, or a refund.

Although judging by what some on here have said, I'm sure there will still be arguments and disbelief even after the DACs have arrived, just because they personally haven't seen them
rolleyes.gif
I haven't seen America, China or Japan, but I know they exist.

May 16, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #131 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the risk of sounding like a broken record:

1) If you have not paid Ken any money then DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD.

This thread isn't the same one that was opened...I don't think you can direct who can and can't post now. I'm sure a mod will correct me if that's wrong.

It's perfectly reasonable to have some balance on the opinions of what Ken is doing now. It's another topic of discussion, just like anything else.

May 16, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #132 of 311
Blitzula: The bottom line is I think you are overstepping the knowable and inserting unfounded opinions into a situation that doesn't need them.

plainsong: As usual, your reason is equaled only by your tactfulness. You raise some fair questions that everyone should consider if they haven't already.

I still do not see the pictures as advertising. If I were to come in on this thread with no prior experience, no amount of pretty pictures could possibly convince me to take a risk until the dust settled.

May 16, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #133 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blitzula: The bottom line is I think you are overstepping the knowable and inserting unfounded opinions into a situation that doesn't need them.

I don't know where you think I've overstepped the knowable or what opinion isn't founded. Everything I've said is perfectly supportable, and you don't need to look into the future to back it up, I've commented on what's happened in the past.

I've mentioned not reading further then what I posted, but that seems to be falling on deaf ears.

May 16, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #134 of 311
Quote:

I don't know where you think I've overstepped the knowable or what opinion isn't founded. Everything I've said is perfectly supportable, and you don't need to look into the future to back it up, I've commented on what's happened in the past.

I've mentioned not reading further then what I posted, but that seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Re-read my response to you: it's very clear that I am addressing you in some places and talking about regal in others.

The couple of times where I do wonder just what it is you are trying to say I asked you questions, I didn't make absolute statements.

Beyond that I don't have to "read into" any of what you said to see that you are making absolute claims about a situation on which you are, at best, half informed. If you take such a hard line against reading into things, why are you reading into the partial information you have on this matter and from it extrapolating such certain accusations?

Guilty before proven innocent?

There are ways of raising questions here that respect the laws of common sense and promote worthwhile dialog. Saying things like: "Ken has clearly demonstrated his dishonest and criminal behavior" is not one of them. Since accusing someone of criminal behavior has everything to do with the future, you are not simply making a statement about the past.

If you truly think we all benefit from your opinions, by all means keep flailing them about. If you think your claims have any merit inside the realm of logic then I think you might also want to think about taking them to the Hong Kong police. Perhaps you know something about investigating crimes that they don't. In fact, I bet they are going about it all wrong--why bother analyzing all the facts when you can just look a few of them?

For my final act, I am going to post a picture, and then I'm going to bow out until something worth my time is posted here.

internetargument.jpg

And again, thank you plainsong. It was very refreshing to read something that actually made sense.

May 16, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #135 of 311
I only posted pictures because a) im excited about the prospect of actually receving a DAC that I paid for months and months ago (last august or something like that), and b) because there have been times where ken has sent pictures to some people and not to others for whatever reason, so i posted pics for those people who may not have received the pics. I dont see a problem with posting the pictures in this thread. If i had gone and started a new thread in the Dedicated Source forums, then I can see a problem. But if you read the thread title before coming in here, you know that this thread has a purpose, and that purpose is not "free advertising". Thats just nonsense.

I DO AGREE though that if you dont have any business with Ken, then you dont really need to post in here. The thread wasnt created for anyone to come in and throw in their 2 cents in about what they THINK is going on and what they THINK others should be doing about the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back