Action against Storm Digital
Feb 12, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #91 of 311
Received an email from Ken over the weekend. It was brief, apologizing for the lack of communications and that there was a problem with production and he will contact me again regarding the status. Not sure what that means? Is he taking about a refund or does he plan on actually getting the D02A back on the market?

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #93 of 311
Wow. Im surprised to hear all this. I paid him through paypal so there was no way for me to get my money back. Fortunately, I was the one chosen to receive a free Citypulse DAC from a very generous Head-fier who I cant remember the name of off the top of my head. Despite this however, I still felt totally ripped off...which I was along with many others. While I'd like to hope that these statements he's made about the DACs are true...I think its just him talking...likes hes done about everything else. But anyway, its good to hear thats he's actually doing some communication. I guess we'll just see what happens.

Also, Ive sent two emails to the Hong Kong police and have never heard anything back from them...

dont know why that thumbs up is there...

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #94 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received an email from Ken over the weekend. It was brief, apologizing for the lack of communications and that there was a problem with production and he will contact me again regarding the status. Not sure what that means? Is he taking about a refund or does he plan on actually getting the D02A back on the market?

2x he writes something like the production continues

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #95 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid him through paypal so there was no way for me to get my money back.

HUH? Au contraire. PayPal WILL reverse the transaction if you didn't receive your goods. Initiate a dispute now and you should have your money in 6 to 8 weeks (they do give crooks a chance to rebut or make good).

I encourage you to do it!

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #96 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HUH? Au contraire. PayPal WILL reverse the transaction if you didn't receive your goods. Initiate a dispute now and you should have your money in 6 to 8 weeks (they do give crooks a chance to rebut or make good).

Bob, that only works if you file the dispute within 45 days. I'm pretty sure that every one involved with this mess was well beyond the period for filing a complaint when things went south.

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #97 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paid through paypal with funds coming directly from my checking account. And by the time we all realized he wasnt going to hold up his end of the deal, it was already too late to complain to paypal about it.

so yeah... n_maher was right.

Apr 27, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #99 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did everyone else receive an email update from Ken this morning?

Oh, Lord...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've to apologize for my unacceptable disappear for several months; some unbelievable things happen to me. The case factory made all the cases faulty so I couldn't use them. I refused to pay the factory owner, so he broke into my home and threatened violence. The stress pushed me into deadend. I know I should have emailed everyone who paid for D02A to let them know things would be delayed but I didn't think anyone would believe me. So instead I just tried to make the cases and finish the DACs.

I'm happy say the cases are complete and PCBs just need to collect from their factory. Unfortunately, I have to move house over next few days, hope this finished by Monday 30th April or Tuesday 1st May. I want to wait until after moving to assemble the DACs, so no damage to cases and circuits.

Also, you all think to receive the D02. This is incorrect! I will be sending you IMPROVED "D02A". D02A has all features of the D02 and also:

- I2S digital input

- USB input (type B plug)

- balanced output

- Output phase switch

- Clock IN/OUT (can be use with Emu 0404 etc)

- Compatible with 32/44/48/88.2/96Hz signal (D02 = 44.1 ONLY)

- 7 clocking options, including AUTO, work with all sources

Original battery-power feature is now external upgrade of base model D02A, with own machined case. I will send this part in ~3 months time after you receive DACs, or sooner - I need time to stabilize business and wait for income from new Storm customers. The DAC sounds better than D02, even without battery. With battery will MUCH better.

Next big feature of D02A is 16 Philips TDA 1543 chip upgrade. Old D02 has 8 chips, new D02A also 8 standard, but you get upgrade to 16 chips. This give tighter bass and more detailed sound. D02 no longer made because not as good enough compared to D02A base model. The 16 chips will be included in DAC when you receive it.

All these things I will send because you wait so patient for me. Retail price of new D02A will more than original D02A, but I'm upgrade you these feature for free. I have heard Benchmark DAC1, 47 Labs Progression and others, D02A beats them.

I just have assemble D02A and test which I will do after moved house. This will take 2-3 weeks and I will send DACs out NO LATER than May 31st, hopeful sooner. I will email when shipped and provide tracking number.

Pleas reply confirm your current shipping address including country (so I know voltage)

Thankyou

--

Law Ken

Storm Audio

Tel
frown.gif
852)97797770,(852)35980245

Apr 27, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #101 of 311
I just came home to find this email waiting for me. Wow is all I can say... we'll see what happens. Hopefully he comes through this time. He seems pretty serious and he even provides a phone number. I think the fact that he's still trying to come through after all this time says something... like I said... I guess we'll see.

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #102 of 311
I also received a rough draft of the user manual and some prototype pics. I didn't want to post them incase I'm opening a can of worms or some old wounds. Anyhow, the details should only concern those of us in this ugly situation. I'm just sitting tight for now.
plainface.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #103 of 311
Received a reply email from Ken today saying that things were going good for him now. I also requested a black unit when I confirmed my address in the previous email and he said that black was available. As before, he said he'd inform me when the DAC shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back