ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Jul 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #181 of 222
Quote:
Hi Gerry. I bought the de-humidifier for hearing aids and used it nightly but still experienced the driver failure with acs saying there was moisture damage. I'm a generally sweaty guy so maybe this is just my bad luck but then again how come the Ety ER4Ps lasted so much longer? It could be a weakness in the T1 filter design. I now use the dehumidifier as soon as I get back home, not waiting for the cheaper electricity tariff, hopefully it will last this time.

Great info! Thanks

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #182 of 222
Quote:
Moisture buildup
rolleyes.gif
seems a bit dubious to me especially with the lengths you go to. Mine failed 3 times in the time I had mine and were put down to driver failure.

I did have my cake and eat it
wink.gif

Yea, one does wonder about this moisture buildup deal...
I see your 'cake' in your signature. Mnnnnnnn. Looks nice!
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #183 of 222
It seems that problem is soldering at drivers. Because when you squeze with fingers themonştor starts working.

since silicone an elastic material soldering points will fatigue with time.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #184 of 222
Quote:
It seems that problem is soldering at drivers. Because when you squeze with fingers themonştor starts working.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I'd love if it were possible to get the drivers and circuitry protected within the silicone ... like to wrap them somehow in a resilient material. How difficult could that be? ...I think that keeping everything else about it silicone probably makes sense though as it has better properties (comfort, isolation, better 'bounce-ability') than the competition's acrylic shells.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #185 of 222

Sounds reasonable to me.

I'd love if it were possible to get the drivers and circuitry protected within the silicone ... like to wrap them somehow in a resilient material. How difficult could that be? ...I think that keeping everything else about it silicone probably makes sense though as it has better properties (comfort, isolation, better 'bounce-ability') than the competition's acrylic shells.

Yep...Bounceability is important!

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #186 of 222
Quote:

My ACS are on their way back (hip pip hooray
L3000.gif
), and I should get them tomorrow. That's bang on what ACS said should happen! Thank you for keeping your promise ACS!

I phoned to ask what the issue was and got the following reply: "All the drivers on both sides were reading low due to there being excessive moisture in the moulds. Therefore all components have now been replaced and are working to specification. You now have a new 1 year warranty on these components."

I've been breaking in my ACS for the last few days. I thought they had noticeably more bass kick than the last set. (Note: I really don't think this is related to break-in as my last set lacked bass slam right from the get-go and it never improved). I noted a previous communication I received from ACS's (see my quote above) that they supplied me with essentially a new set of monitors. I therefore looked at the driver configuration. Sadly I don't have a pic of the old ones, but the new ones look decidedly different from what I remember!

I therefore emailed ACS. They replied that my drivers are "a new version we have received from our supplier". AWESOME!!! ACS fixed my issue very quickly, gave me a better product, and I have a new warranty. I think I'm ready to say it now ... I am blown away by ACS's service!

In case others want to compare their drivers, my new ones are #20151233.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #187 of 222
Quote:

I've been breaking in my ACS for the last few days. I thought they had noticeably more bass kick than the last set. (Note: I really don't think this is related to break-in as my last set lacked bass slam right from the get-go and it never improved). I noted a previous communication I received from ACS's (see my quote above) that they supplied me with essentially a new set of monitors. I therefore looked at the driver configuration. Sadly I don't have a pic of the old ones, but the new ones look decidedly different from what I remember!

I therefore emailed ACS. They replied that my drivers are "a new version we have received from our supplier". AWESOME!!! ACS fixed my issue very quickly, gave me a better product, and I have a new warranty. I think I'm ready to say it now ... I am blown away by ACS's service!

In case others want to compare their drivers, my new ones are #20151233.

Nice to know that, gerry. It's ACS's CS that led me into getting my pair at the first place. It's wonderful to see that it's working out for you.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #188 of 222
Quote:
Mine are the 2015's and I just got them Christmas Eve.....

longbowbbs, if you get a chance to check please, is there a sub number on yours? my new ones have 2015 on one line, and 1233 on the line below. Thanks. I received my last pair on December 7. Wonder if there was a newer driver model between December 7 and when you got yours a few weeks later ... or if my new ones have a newer driver still.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #189 of 222
I am
Mine are the 2015's and I just got them Christmas Eve.....

longbowbbs, if you get a chance to check please, is there a sub number on yours? my new ones have 2015 on one line, and 1233 on the line below. Thanks. I received my last pair on December 7. Wonder if there was a newer driver model between December 7 and when you got yours a few weeks later ... or if my new ones have a newer driver still.
i am traveling at the Scout Jamboree until Saturday so I will check them when I get home. 2015 sounds right though.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #190 of 222
Quote:
I am
i am traveling at the Scout Jamboree until Saturday so I will check them when I get home. 2015 sounds right though.

Sure. There's no rush ... this set are a firm keeper they're so much improved
tongue.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #191 of 222
Quote:

Yea, one does wonder about this moisture buildup deal...
I see your 'cake' in your signature. Mnnnnnnn. Looks nice!
beerchug.gif

I'm with some of the other comments on here and agree that it is down to the silicone allowing too much flexing at the connection points. ACS's customer service is really exceptional.

Having had my cake....all my other CIEMs will be going.....believe the JH13 FP Hype !

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #192 of 222
Hi Longbowbbs,

Just wondering,
Your Jh16 is the old JH / new one (freqphase)?

Thank you
Just need a simple compare between acs and the freqphase (a very simple one should be enough)

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #193 of 222
Quote:
Hi Longbowbbs,

Just wondering,
Your Jh16 is the old JH / new one (freqphase)?

Thank you
Just need a simple compare between acs and the freqphase (a very simple one should be enough)

I have the FP JH16's. The ACT T1's are very clear and offer a nice balanced presentation. The FP takes things to another level. They are the best things I have heard (After a nice burn in period) in a CIEM/IEM. I have found that I prefer a bit more bottom end and that makes it hard for the T1's to compete since they are a more linear presentation. However, the FP (and possibly the triple bore vs double bore) seem to add that last bit of clarity and separation. You do pay more for the benefit though.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #194 of 222
I have the FP JH16's. The ACT T1's are very clear and offer a nice balanced presentation. The FP takes things to another level. They are the best things I have heard (After a nice burn in period) in a CIEM/IEM. I have found that I prefer a bit more bottom end and that makes it hard for the T1's to compete since they are a more linear presentation. However, the FP (and possibly the triple bore vs double bore) seem to add that last bit of clarity and separation. You do pay more for the benefit though.

Thank you very much
:)

How is the comfort compare and noise isolation compare?

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #195 of 222

Thank you very much
:)

How is the comfort compare and noise isolation compare?

I have a great fit with both CIEM's. For me, I find that the Silicon can seal better with more movement than the JH16 acrylic. Noise isolation is similar between the two. Both are very comfortable for long listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back