ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #151 of 222
Quote:
Wear?....I use the small zipper case that came with them.

hahaha very sorry, my english is very bad

now i also use the small zipper case, but if i put it into my bag with everything inside, im affraid if my other stuffs could damage the iem
even i know that acs's durrabillity is very good since it made from silicone

i also have a otterbox iem case (the small one)
but im affraid it could damage the cable when i close the case, cable easy stuck between "case mouth"

is there any other opinion?

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #152 of 222
Well you could get the best of both worlds by putting the T1 into the small carry pouch that came with it (preferably with some silica gel packs to counter the moisture problems) and store that pouch in the Otter Box. Bang! Your T1 is now indestructible 
cool.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #153 of 222
Well you could get the best of both worlds by putting the T1 into the small carry pouch that came with it (preferably with some silica gel packs to counter the moisture problems) and store that pouch in the Otter Box. Bang! Your T1 is now indestructible 
cool.gif

Hahahaha
Not enough... The otterbox is too small hahaha and now i dont know the use of otterbox
Hahahaha

The zipper pouch is still the only option until now

May 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #154 of 222
ACS Adam....Any word on the iDevice cable for the T1's? I am stuck only using my JH16's with my iPhone.

Thanks!

Eric

May 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #155 of 222
Jeremy1234 - I've just had this happen for a 2nd time, since I got the T1 Lives 15 months ago. Last time it was fixed and they called it 'sweat damage', and installed the green filters for me (I actually think they replaced the entire headphones, but can't be sure). When I need to speak to someone I always unplug the right side first, and I think the cable may have had some damage from this, despite how careful I try to be. This morning suddenly the same thing happened again. I've changed the filters but no luck. It was actually the cable going in to the driver that had the damage last time. In the last month I have bought one of those hearing aid dryers with UV light in it and I use it every night, so it would be bad luck if this was sweat damage again. Luckily I live in the UK and the turnaround isn't too long - it took about 3 weeks last time to get them replaced.

May 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #156 of 222
Quote:
Jeremy1234 - I've just had this happen for a 2nd time, since I got the T1 Lives 15 months ago. Last time it was fixed and they called it 'sweat damage', and installed the green filters for me (I actually think they replaced the entire headphones, but can't be sure). When I need to speak to someone I always unplug the right side first, and I think the cable may have had some damage from this, despite how careful I try to be. This morning suddenly the same thing happened again. I've changed the filters but no luck. It was actually the cable going in to the driver that had the damage last time. In the last month I have bought one of those hearing aid dryers with UV light in it and I use it every night, so it would be bad luck if this was sweat damage again. Luckily I live in the UK and the turnaround isn't too long - it took about 3 weeks last time to get them replaced.

I lost faith in ACS T1. My Mage with me for 3 years so far so good and I once dropped on the floor and it's still ok.
Maybe my problem is the same as u. My RHS volume suddenly become soft and when I pressed the silicon on the side, it's volume increase but later decrease.

Already send in my T1 and repairing in progress. Most probably will be back next week according to what they emailed me.

But lately, my heart was broken as I lost my AK100 with my UM Mage ( with TWG Elite cable ) during my photo taking session......................................
frown.gif

I just hope I will not need to send in my T1 again no doubt it's under warranty.

May 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #157 of 222
Quote:

I lost faith in ACS T1. My Mage with me for 3 years so far so good and I once dropped on the floor and it's still ok.
Maybe my problem is the same as u. My RHS volume suddenly become soft and when I pressed the silicon on the side, it's volume increase but later decrease.

Already send in my T1 and repairing in progress. Most probably will be back next week according to what they emailed me.

But lately, my heart was broken as I lost my AK100 with my UM Mage ( with TWG Elite cable ) during my photo taking session......................................
frown.gif

I just hope I will not need to send in my T1 again no doubt it's under warranty.

That's got to be heartbreaking. I share the feeling mate.
On another note it sounds like ACS's units are quite susceptible to those kind of problem. I haven't heard much complaints from owners of other brand's silicone CIEMs like the Spiral Ears...but then again there are probably not as many SE users as ACS ones. My T1 Live! is still going strong, but I don't know if it's the result of me using it exclusively indoors though. 

May 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #158 of 222
Hmm ordered mine 2 months ago. Fit was always a bit off, but got L ear re-impressioned and re-moulded. 

L ear is now feeling amazing - as in I can't feel it, and can't break seal at all if I try by yawning etc. etc.

R ear feels like the bottom part (around the ear canal) pops out (and loses seal) and needs to be pushed back in if I open my mouth etc. 

Is this a normal state of affairs? I actually thought the R ear was OK as the left ears original fit was so terrible, but now it is back and fitting so perfectly I think the R ear is also poorly fitting. 
I also noticed that the newly moulded L ear seems much better made - no bubbles, smoother etc. I wonder if I had a trainee or something for the first manufacture of both sides!

At least the protection4hearing customer service is so good, or I think I'd be going crazy by now!

May 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #159 of 222
Quote:

frown.gif

Sorry to hear about your loss, that really stinks.  As for the T1, I think silicone requires more caution when handling than acrylic, and sorry to hear you had to send them back.  At least you will get them back and have something to listen to.

Quote:
Hmm ordered mine 2 months ago. Fit was always a bit off, but got L ear re-impressioned and re-moulded. 

L ear is now feeling amazing - as in I can't feel it, and can't break seal at all if I try by yawning etc. etc.

R ear feels like the bottom part (around the ear canal) pops out (and loses seal) and needs to be pushed back in if I open my mouth etc. 

Is this a normal state of affairs? I actually thought the R ear was OK as the left ears original fit was so terrible, but now it is back and fitting so perfectly I think the R ear is also poorly fitting. 
I also noticed that the newly moulded L ear seems much better made - no bubbles, smoother etc. I wonder if I had a trainee or something for the first manufacture of both sides!

At least the protection4hearing customer service is so good, or I think I'd be going crazy by now!

You should get the R side redone also.  You want to make sure it is right as you will probably be enjoying them for an extended period of time.  When fit properly, silicone can be amazingly comfortable.

May 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #160 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should get the R side redone also.  You want to make sure it is right as you will probably be enjoying them for an extended period of time.  When fit properly, silicone can be amazingly comfortable.

+1 to that!

May 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #162 of 222
I have never disconnected the cable. It is a 5 pin connector and there is only one way for it to separate and to be re-connected. You may want to drop them an e-mail and ask their customer service staff what to do. You could also PM acsadam and see if he could help.

May 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #163 of 222
aaah just had them returned and fixed. Another driver failure sadly, so I'm on #3 now on the right hand side. I'm tempted to think it's something to do with the way I remove them from my ear, but really I am crazily careful with these things. It's apples vs oranges but i had the Etymotic ER4P/S for 6 years before the inevitable driver failure, so let's hope for better luck from now on!

Thanks to Monika at protection4hearing.co.uk yet again for the customer service and getting this sorted. It's definitely worth going through her if you live in the London area. After I texted her about the problem she came to my house and picked them up, then just dropped them off this evening at my house too. Helpful!

May 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #164 of 222
I am glad they are back and working for you. So far I have not had any trouble with the drivers. Fingers crossed that continues!

May 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #165 of 222
Quote:
I am glad they are back and working for you. So far I have not had any trouble with the drivers. Fingers crossed that continues!

Me either. Mine are 7 months old and have been perfect. Like y'all I am very careful to take them out very carefully. I am also very careful to put them in an airtight jar with a bunch of silica gel packs over night every other day. I ensure the silica gel packs are in good working order by drying them out (I guess once a month or so) in the oven at a relatively low temperature for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back