ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
Mar 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #451 of 463
That's entirely fair I think - customs are a folly, after all. If we had any sense we'd all be using the Sony MH1s and investing our money in stocks and shares. :)

You selling them? Or have you thrown them out?

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #453 of 463
Contacted them early last week, they told me I'd get them the end of last week. Still waiting as well, hopefully before the end of this week as I'm going away for a week.

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #455 of 463
OK, back from vacation, called acs, should be shipping my Encore today. Going to inquire about balanced cables...

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #456 of 463
That's entirely fair I think - customs are a folly, after all. If we had any sense we'd all be using the Sony MH1s and investing our money in stocks and shares.
smily_headphones1.gif

You selling them? Or have you thrown them out?

I still have them, but never even thought about selling them. Do you think I could get a few dollars for them? I would never have thought that as (1) they're broken (how many drivers are OK and how many aren't I know not), (2) they're custom fit so aren't going to do anyone else, and (3) would acs do a refurb and remould for another person for my IEM's.

Any advice gratefully received as I was just going to chuck them...

Thanks

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #457 of 463
I believe acs can rebuild them, I'd check with them (for a fee, of course)

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #458 of 463
ACS no longer remould 2nd hand CIEMs - I tried to get a pair remoulded for a friends when I got my JH13.

My T1s "broke" 3 times in the space of 18 months, I was told it was moisture that caused the drivers to stop working each time they were repaired.
After the last repair, I gave the T1s to my friend  who had them remoulded into Acrylic shells by UM and they are still working fine a number of years later.
My gut feeling is that its related to flex in the soft silicone possibly damaging the delicate internal filament wiring. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #459 of 463
Thanks, I stand corrected.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #460 of 463
So guys, I want to say thank you. Not two months ago I sold a pair of Etys (package including the S adapter and a little adapter I didn't recognise but now do - the one that you use to plug in another cable). The reason, ironically, was that the stock cable was crackling and I was losing sound to the left monitor. 

Little did I know and you've coached me through a special realisation - I've purchased an Estron cable second hand from here and a new adaptor (the S version because I like it better for electronica and hip hop), and they've both now arrived. The result is wonderful - a comfortable, microphonics free version of the ER4P. The red filters are ordered and on their way, but this is another moment when I've arrived at a solution that meets all my needs. I had the same experience with the ACS T1s, and I dare say had I realised this before I would never have pulled the trigger on those, or on customs full stop. 

Comfort, freedom from microphonics, total unsurpassed isolation/attentuation, and sound that is close to my preference, hopefully very close with the red filters. And not only that, durable, with replaceable parts, and capable of use on long runs, at the office, wherever. Superb. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #463 of 463
Does anyone know if the T1 Live cable is MMCX compatible? I'm not sure by looking at pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back