ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
Jan 2, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #436 of 463
Do many people stop and salute your ears? :)

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #437 of 463
  There has been no change in their color. I keep them in the pouch they arrived in when I am not using them.

Here is another shot. I think the yellow is a lighting problem.

Does it also cost extra to have the flags in? That's pretty cool.

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #438 of 463
Do many people stop and salute your ears?
smily_headphones1.gif

They are handy when we need to do the Pledge of Allegiance in a pinch....
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #439 of 463
OK, getting better at putting these things in, right gets a pretty good fit/seal. Left is a bit more problematic, don't get it to seal easily, have to keep manipulating it, which eventually makes it a bit sore. Sound is really nice for the most part, much detail, but in a relaxed sort of way, doesn't thrust itself at you, lets the music come through. I do feel the bass is on the light side; maybe partly due to fit/seal issues. I did contact the acs folks, trying to set up an appointment to see what we can do to get it right.
(back to Manhattan, but gotta do what you gotta do...)

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #440 of 463
OK, getting better at putting these things in, right gets a pretty good fit/seal. Left is a bit more problematic, don't get it to seal easily, have to keep manipulating it, which eventually makes it a bit sore. Sound is really nice for the most part, much detail, but in a relaxed sort of way, doesn't thrust itself at you, lets the music come through. I do feel the bass is on the light side; maybe partly due to fit/seal issues. I did contact the acs folks, trying to set up an appointment to see what we can do to get it right.

If it's just a slight change, I wonder if they can rectify it on the spot. Let's see. I know for acrylic they can, by putting an extra coating in the area affected, and sanding down other areas.

Still waiting to get them. Looking forward to that relaxed sound!

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #441 of 463
You still didn't get them? Wow! International shipping at work (I've waited months for the AT IM70, if I remember correctly). Still, you have quite a nice inventory of great headphones to keep you busy in the meantime!

If it's just a slight change, I wonder if they can rectify it on the spot. Let's see. I know for acrylic they can, by putting an extra coating in the area affected, and sanding down other areas.

Still waiting to get them. Looking forward to that relaxed sound!

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #442 of 463
I'm getting better with the fit/seal, but still don't think the left side is quite right. I contacted acs, and I'm supposed to fill out a form on the problem and send the T1's back to them to play with...

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #443 of 463
AGAIN!!!

after 2 times i returned my ACS T1 LIVE to UK because of 3 times imbalance

the first is the cable was broken, and they said that the imbalance is because humidity
i always save it in kind of otterbox with silica gel inside and i brought hearing aid dehumidifier as ACS told me to have it
okay, i returned it to ACS

ah, they send me back for the first time...

after i open it, i was shocked...
they replace the right iem, and the left iem still the old one... ah the left iem looks very bad and the right shiny new iem hahaha
okay, i tried it for 10 seconds and i feel it was STILL imbalance

okay, i sent them email... and returned it AGAIN for the second time

AGAIN, they said that it was because of humidity
ah i had opened it for 1 minute only and what? my fault???

okay... they repaired it again and send me back again

AHHH... i brought JH16pro from JH audio

and when i send ACS back and they returned it AGAIN to me... it is in my country custom for SO LONG TIME (months)
ah, after sooooo long time, AT LAST i received my beloved ACS

i opened it and i was in SHOCK again... hahahaha the left iem only have 1 HOLE... the other hole was closed by the silicon
ah, of course the left iem has NO BASS AT ALL

okay, i want to save my money, dont want to waste it on FEDEX which is quite expensive from Indonesia to UK

okay, I DRILLED my iem and IT WAS WORKED!!! yeayyyyy so happy...
of course i sent them email with photos and asked them if they SHOULD have a good QUALITY CONTROL TEAM

then, i save it on my otterbox with silica gel and i continue use my JH16pro WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM AT ALL

last month, i brought a bike
i like to use ciem when riding it
ah, silicone sould do a better job on this!!! and OFF COURSE acs did a GREAT JOB!!!

about 3 weeks i use acs almost every day for 20-30 minutes per day

ah, yesterday, i got my acs imbalance AGAIN and of course i used my otterbox with silica gel and used hearing aid dehumidifier as ACS told me before

i paid for that price and what i got?
3 weeks of usage?????

now, WHAT should i do?

i will send my acs to jaben singapore and ask them what acs can help me...
probably they will tell me that yes i had no guarantee for this and should buy another T1 live! hahahaha but i really hope they wont tell me those

is this my bad luck? or what? but i rarely use my acs and i use my jh16pro EVERYDAY without a problem

i hope Adam from ACS can help me with this

regards,
Ostin from Indonesia

sorry for my bad english..

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #444 of 463
Ostin,

I shudder reading this! I run ACS in the US but I used to work in the UK so I know the guys well. Please email me and I will get on this right away.

adam@acsustom.com

Adam

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #445 of 463
Hai Adam,

thank you very much for the good respon

yes, last time you are VERY helping with customer service, but even the last time email, for those picture which is the one of my acs hole was closed by the silicone... and i was asking about the quality check... your friend didnt reply my email

thats why, i make the hole by my self to save the fedex mail delivery cost

yesterday, i sent my acs to Jaben Indonesia

and let the Jaben Singapore deal with your team at UK

i hope it will going well

regards,
Ostin

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #446 of 463
I've had nothing but great service from Adam and AJ at ACS custom USA.  MY T1, er4 eartips, sleep plugs, and full concha ear plugs have all fit perfectly.  I use my T1 every day, and my er4 eartips for working out.  I would highly recommend the T1,  Its the best sound quality ive ever heard

Nik

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #448 of 463
In case it help others I just wanted to post a quick report of my long-term experience (since mid-2013) with ACS T1s. Unfortunately it's bad news! They have just broken AGAIN (see details below) and they're now outside warranty, so I'm sadly going to just cut my losses and throw them in the bin, which I feel is pretty pathetic considering their cost, the fact they're only 18 months old, that they got so little use and received so much babying.

Suffice to say, I'll never buy another pair of ACS IEMs again!

Details:

05/2013 - Original purchase. Approx £550 UK pounds were paid. Outcome: order was screwed up and I got the old version T1s which ACS replaced with the new model
07/2013 - Right IEM started cutting out. Outcome: ACS replaced them under warranty quoting moisture as the root cause
10/2013 - Left IEM started cutting out. Outcome: ACS replaced them under warranty quoting moisture as the root cause
02/2015 - Right IEM started cutting out. Outcome: they'll have to go in the trash as they're out of warranty

Since 10/2013 I literally babied the IEMs to the point it was embarrassing. I put them in a sealed glass jar with about 10 silica gels, including some indicator-type gels which are color coded and would have indicated if their ability to remove moisture had been exhausted. I also used them about once a month.

So, in summary, I paid £550 for a product that had to go back 3 times in the first 6 months, and ultimately they lasted less than 2 years. I'd say I probably only got to use them fewer than 100 times in total. There's pretty poor value for money at £5.50 per use, kind of similar to the price of a music album. 

I may have just been very, very unlucky, so YMMV. However, if you've another option that could work similarly well, then it may be best to go with that. I wish I had done so back in 2013 as that's what I must now do ... alas £550 less well off.

Happy listening,
Gerry

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #449 of 463
Hi Gerry

The same thing happened with me and you can pay to get htem reconditioned for a very reasonable price!

It's due to moisture build up and that's why they've released the ACS Revivo tool, to dehumidify them between uses.

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #450 of 463
Hi Gerry

The same thing happened with me and you can pay to get htem reconditioned for a very reasonable price!

It's due to moisture build up and that's why they've released the ACS Revivo tool, to dehumidify them between uses.

Thanks for the info.

I guess if it was the first time they'd broken and I was outside warranty then I would probably get the ACS Revivo and pay for the refurb.

However, after my bad experiences, it's hard to see that as anything but throwing good money after bad! Such is my lack of confidence in ACS that I think it's better to scrap them rather than take a chance of getting a little more use before, on the basis of previous experience, they'd break again ... and no doubt moisture would again be quoted as the root cause.

I'm skeptical about what the Revivo tool offers over and above me using like 10 silica gels. There was a discussion on one of the Head-Fi ACS threads the last time they broke about moisture control. If memory serves I explained how I can put a soaking bit of paper in with the gels and it's bone dry within a short period of time. Surely that would apply to the IEMs, too. Unless the Revivo somehow blows air into them. But I'm not sure why that would matter. In my experience it's humidity (or rather lack of same) to dry whatever out. Moreover, we're taking like I had left a month or so between uses of only a few hours at a time of the IEMs so I would have thought they had adequate time to dry regardless of Revivo or any other method.

To be brutally honest, like my conclusion last time they broke (and I think others supported this), I wonder if this is a fundamental issue with ACS IEMs, rather than something wrong with my ears or how I store/use the IEMs. Like with anything product-wise, I think we'll never know for sure. As an example, take the Xbox 360 and the 'ring of death'. In the view of many commentators there was a fundamental issue with those consoles in the early days ... or was there ... I never remember reading about Microsoft admitting it ... but would admittance or denial make the issue for the humble user any more or less real ... I guess what they really care about is their investment and that they're not really getting good value for money because they, like many others, got the 'ring of death' and now they are out all the cash and only have a worthless product. All the while there are a majority of users who sing the product's praises as theirs is working fine. Hmmm...

Anyways, time to step off the soapbox onto the top of the ACS and bork them once and for all ... and while I'm at it I can do so to music via my ancient Shure IEMs (BTW: they're still working from like 10 years ago, cost about a 10th of the ACS, and were never babied/replaced/missed a beat! :) I ain't bitter ... really I ain't ... I never wanted that £550 quid anyways :frowning2:

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back