ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
Nov 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #376 of 463
That's is a sad event. The connector for the T1 is very robust. I don't know if it is the same with the T2's.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #377 of 463
Now, 86 days have passed. I still have not heard anything regarding my ACS T2 Status.
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #378 of 463
  Now, 86 days have passed. I still have not heard anything regarding my ACS T2 Status.
frown.gif

This combo of Jaben and ACS seems to have some flaws recently.

If you can go to Jaben, ask to see the shipping receipt for when your T2s went out.  They may have waited to ship yours in order to consolidated your returns with impressions or other repairs from other customers to save on shipping costs.  Just a suggestion.

Also, if you haven't already done so, check with Jaben regarding whether you will be charged for these repairs or whether they will be covered by the warranty.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #379 of 463

This combo of Jaben and ACS seems to have some flaws recently.

If you can go to Jaben, ask to see the shipping receipt for when your T2s went out.  They may have waited to ship yours in order to consolidated your returns with impressions or other repairs from other customers to save on shipping costs.  Just a suggestion.

Also, if you haven't already done so, check with Jaben regarding whether you will be charged for these repairs or whether they will be covered by the warranty.

I checked with ACS a few days ago. Their reply is that ACS has repaired my T2 and  sent it back to Jaben on 29th November.
This is quite surprised since Jaben guy told me (the day before I contact ACS) that he did not have any update regarding my ACS status.
As for the cost, Jaben has told me that I will be charged around  280 -320 USD.
frown.gif

My overall experience with ACS product is quite unpleasant. I paid around 1100 USD to the product I have only use for less than 3 months out of 8 months.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #380 of 463

I checked with ACS a few days ago. Their reply is that ACS has repaired my T2 and  sent it back to Jaben on 29th November.
This is quite surprised since Jaben guy told me (the day before I contact ACS) that he did not have any update regarding my ACS status.
As for the cost, Jaben has told me that I will be charged around  280 -320 USD.
frown.gif

My overall experience with ACS product is quite unpleasant. I paid around 1100 USD to the product I have only use for less than 3 months out of 8 months.

Wow.  Completely unacceptable on the part of Jaben. Shipping an expensive component like that through the mail without any kind of tracking service? Which also means there's likely no shipping insurance either.  At least you got a response from ACS, which is more than I received.  Still, just another example of poor customer service from Jaben; it'll take some serious damage control on their part before I'll spend another dollar with them.

I've since gotten new CIEMs and have retired my T1s to back-up duty.  I stayed far away from both Jaben and ACS for my new pair.  Although I must admit, my new ones do have a lot in common with the T1s for a house-sound...

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #381 of 463
Just got my ACS T2 back last week. The total cost is around 333 USD. It took me approx. 100 days to get my T2 back.

According to Jaben, there was a miscommunication between their staffs, and that's is the reason why it took around 3 weeks for them to send me back my T2. 
angry_face.gif

However, my misfortune did not stop there, I just found out that there is a problem with the cable since I can't hear any sound coming from the left monitor. I have already contacted Jaben and it seems that I need to pay around 50 USD to get a new ACS cable. 
frown.gif

At this point, I seriously doubt the durability of ACS product. Although I really like ACS house sound, I could not recommend ACS CIEM to my friends anymore. 
frown.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #382 of 463
Too many people in that service chain! Did you disconnect the cable and try to reseat it?

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #384 of 463
I have also have problems with my T1. In mid december I lost connection with the right side. ACS representatives in Norway changed the cable the same day, and all was bliss. One week later the bass on the left side totally dissappeared. And two days later the bass was gone from the right side as well. It might be the cable again, but I doubt it. I will have to get them fixed after the holidays...

Today I bought myself a pair of Sennheiser ie800 monitors as a replacement. I'v only listened to them for a few hours, but I can already say that the ie800 sounds a good deal better. At least in the lower regions. The T1 might have better soundstage and separation in mids and high, but I can't compare them directly now.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #385 of 463

Too many people in that service chain! Did you disconnect the cable and try to reseat it?

Yes, I have already tried that; however, it partially solved the problem.
I still occasionally can't hear any sound coming from the left monitor.
frown.gif

I did have to replace my T1 cable after a year it split and I lost the left side. The new cable put things back and now they sound like new again.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #386 of 463
I have also have problems with my T1. In mid december I lost connection with the right side. ACS representatives in Norway changed the cable the same day, and all was bliss. One week later the bass on the left side totally dissappeared. And two days later the bass was gone from the right side as well. It might be the cable again, but I doubt it. I will have to get them fixed after the holidays...

Today I bought myself a pair of Sennheiser ie800 monitors as a replacement. I'v only listened to them for a few hours, but I can already say that the ie800 sounds a good deal better. At least in the lower regions. The T1 might have better soundstage and separation in mids and high, but I can't compare them directly now.

I also heard of similar cases from several ACS owners in my region. In the end, the owners sent their T1s back to ACS to get them fixed. ACS team stated that the problems were from defected T1's driver.

I did have to replace my T1 cable after a year it split and I lost the left side. The new cable put things back and now they sound like new again.

In my case, this is my second cable which I bought in June 2013 and only used it until mid of Sep 2013.
The original cable, which was only 2-3 months old, broke down and I could not hear anything from one side. ( I could not remember clearly whether it is the left or right side.)
That's one of the many reasons why I doubt the durability of ACS products, and I still hesitated to purchase another ACS replacement cable

Ps. I did not use my T2 everyday since I have got other 3 iems to use too.

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #387 of 463
  Just got my ACS T2 back last week. The total cost is around 333 USD. It took me approx. 100 days to get my T2 back.

According to Jaben, there was a miscommunication between their staffs, and that's is the reason why it took around 3 weeks for them to send me back my T2. 
angry_face.gif

However, my misfortune did not stop there, I just found out that there is a problem with the cable since I can't hear any sound coming from the left monitor. I have already contacted Jaben and it seems that I need to pay around 50 USD to get a new ACS cable. 
frown.gif

At this point, I seriously doubt the durability of ACS product. Although I really like ACS house sound, I could not recommend ACS CIEM to my friends anymore. 
frown.gif

If you paid $333 for a repair and they still do not work then the problem is Jaben's and ultimately ACS's do not shell out another $50, they are taking the proverbial!

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #388 of 463
To - Smeckles, seem you are right and my timing is off.  I bought in Feb 2013.  The cable on one side became loose and was cutting in and out.  I agree, the cables seem quite delicate.  Maybe they are working on an improvement.  Otherwise I am really happy with the T1 performance and the service performance from the NYC studio and Adam.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #389 of 463
  To - Smeckles, seem you are right and my timing is off.  I bought in Feb 2013.  The cable on one side became loose and was cutting in and out.  I agree, the cables seem quite delicate.  Maybe they are working on an improvement.  Otherwise I am really happy with the T1 performance and the service performance from the NYC studio and Adam.

+1 to NYC and Adam....Very responsive and helpful!

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #390 of 463
Owch, it's pretty worrying to be hearing all these horror stories. 

Mine are still working perfectly after ~10 months, but I'm only using them 2-3 times a week at the moment. 

The only problems I had were fit in one ear, and it was sorted pretty damn quickly, but I am based in the UK. 

As previous posters have said, safest way to get them for UK people has to be protection4hearing... Monika really cares. It sounds like the main problem for people is living so far away from where they are manufactured!

P.s. at least for the UK you should expect objects to last as long as their price suggests. If a £10 pair of headphones fail after 1 year then fine, you shouldn't expect much more than that. However if a £500 pair fail after one year, you are entitled to a refund (although unlikely to be full) as a reasonable person would expect them to last longer than that. 
I had a washing machine fail after ~18 months, and got a new replacement despite it being outside of warranty because of that piece of legislation, so if you're in the UK you can always pursue that route. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back