ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
Dec 12, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #152 of 463
well i forwarded the same mail to acs as well as Mat Jones..and also my dealer. The days of my T1 idling around being unused should have reached bout a month. I dont really know how i should feel. I didnt call them, I'm from malaysia, call rate would be expensive. Why cant they jus reply the mail, I put a lot of effort into it. Bear in mind that i still have to pay for the to and fro shipping and impression fees which I did previously. This time around, I am not sure if I have to pay for another reshelling fee since the 30days warranty have long passed.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #153 of 463
I advise you to use skype or similar software to call them. It shouldn't be too expensive.

Sometimes things can take time, either because stuff gets stuck in customs at the airport in UK (there was a case last year), or because there's a lot to do (like right now, since they just launched a new line) but in the end they always do things the right way.
Who did you forwarded the email to (you can send me the info by PM if you prefer since it's probably a personal email there) ? Also, if you went through a dealer, it's his responsibility to do the communication.

Quote:
well i forwarded the same mail to acs as well as Mat Jones..and also my dealer. The days of my T1 idling around being unused should have reached bout a month. I dont really know how i should feel. I didnt call them, I'm from malaysia, call rate would be expensive. Why cant they jus reply the mail, I put a lot of effort into it. Bear in mind that i still have to pay for the to and fro shipping and impression fees which I did previously. This time around, I am not sure if I have to pay for another reshelling fee since the 30days warranty have long passed.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #155 of 463
Answered your PM. It's much more complicated than what I was expecting. 
Quote:
pm sent, well since i also forward the mail to them, then they should have replied.

I'd like to add here that customs are serious business, people needs to be careful about what they do.

Edit : Oh and again, if you go through a dealer, you have to keep contacting the dealer, unless there's obvious problems with him. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #156 of 463
I got my T1's via Monika Schumacher from protection4hearing http://www.protection4hearing.co.uk/ The service has been second to none with her visiting me at work to take impressions, deliver product and sort out my problems directly with ACS on my behalf. I have had a few problems with both fit and drivers failing but thanks to Monika and ACS everything is now sorted and I've even ended up with a 2nd free set of T1's. I cannot reccommend protection4hearing any higher for anyone wanting to purchase ACS in the London/home county area.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #158 of 463
Finally received a reply from acs. Seems that it was partly my fault that they didnt receive my mail. I sincerely apologize for that. My thanks to the silent messenger who conveyed my message to acs. I cannot thank you more
etysmile.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #159 of 463
@Keroro
Good to see it's getting sorting out. Good luck with the new fit.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #160 of 463
Does this now come with a detachable cable? What is the termination like? Will I be able to use my UE/JH-terminated cable?

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #161 of 463
Yep, "serviceable" cable but not compatible with UE/JH.  There are a bunch of pictures here; I will be reviewing the T1 Live!, but they are stuck in customs at the moment.

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #162 of 463
Cool. I hope Craig will be able to do a TWAG for it.

But it's basically the same as the T1, just with detachable cables and the ambient feature, which isn't even available yet, right?

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #163 of 463

Quote:
Cool. I hope Craig will be able to do a TWAG for it.

But it's basically the same as the T1, just with detachable cables and the ambient feature, which isn't even available yet, right?

The drivers are the same as the T1 (which is now called the T1 Classic), but the crossover has been revised to accomodate the ambient hardware. ACS claim this slightly improves the sound quality but it has been stressed to me (by them) that the T1 was so close to perfect already, that any improvement is very slight indeed. I await any review with interest but it would only be useful if a direct comparison to the T1 was possible. I know I may be in a minority, but I prefer the fact that the T1 Classic is hard wired to the crossover.

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #164 of 463
Thanks for the info. The external ambient box is not ready yet right? I'm a bit confused. Does this mean the T1 Live! will be ready to use with the box, if and when it becomes available?

As for the cable, it's just safer (and more fun) to be able to switch cables. But yes, sometimes it's nice to have fixed cables. But then that's why I have my universals :)

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #165 of 463
BTW, another question. I have my JH13 but they're just plain boring on my club-type songs (r&b, etc). I also find them uncomfortably hard. Apart from the ACS T1, are there any other customs I should be looking at with good bass and great comfort? I see UM being mentioned a lot these days. Do they do the soft silicon too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back