ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Apr 17, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #978 of 1,234
The same with mine, I've a mutant left ear ^_^ , so I bought some silicone lacker from Custom Art and now all my silicone fit are absolutely amazing ! Just ask it to Piotrus_g per mail (info@customart.com), that's just 5€ for heaven
tongue.gif

I shall be doing just that
Thanks
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #979 of 1,234
Does anyone have any experience with the evolve universals?

Thanks

Yes, I have the Evolve Studio Universals and absolutely love them.  Any particular questions about them?

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #980 of 1,234

Yes, I have the Evolve Studio Universals and absolutely love them.  Any particular questions about them?

Im looking at replacing my ER4s, I have had a few problems with their durability and have sunk far too much money into them. 

Im currently thinking about Westone w30/40 and ACS evolve universals, with the preference edging towards the ACS as they are UK based and even have an office in London, which I would expect to be an advantage in case of repairs or resolving any problems.

I have heard the Westone w30s and while they were nice I think a did prefer the ER4s at the time, I suppose Im wondering how the ACS evolve universals compare against the ER4s and Westone iems as well as the reliability of the T2 connector?

Lastly I am planning on using my Sony Xperia z3 without amp as a source quite often, the ER4s hasnt been successful as the volume level was a bit too low IMO, the ER4P was fine. I wonder if the ACS would manage? 

cheers 
beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #981 of 1,234
The T2 connector is far not as strong as the Ety's connector, really... :frowning2:

The ACS Evolve are less detailed oriented than the ER4s but the sound is much more fuller than any universal I know. The speedness of the bass is, to me, the problem of the Evolve, where the ER4s has no problem with. 

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #982 of 1,234
  The T2 connector is far not as strong as the Ety's connector, really... :frowning2:

The ACS Evolve are less detailed oriented than the ER4s but the sound is much more fuller than any universal I know. The speedness of the bass is, to me, the problem of the Evolve, where the ER4s has no problem with. 

Thanks for your thoughts.  A shame the connector seems not as strong, it does look very small.

I have always found the bass lacking with the ER4, not a big problem but it would be nice to have a bit more...

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #983 of 1,234
  Thanks for your thoughts.  A shame the connector seems not as strong, it does look very small.

I have always found the bass lacking with the ER4, not a big problem but it would be nice to have a bit more...

Do you know the Fischer Amps FA4 ? They are on thomann.de and the after sale service is very very good ! That's a nice upgrade to the ER4s :wink:

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #985 of 1,234

If you are into precise FR - then FitEar F111 is a good choice

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #986 of 1,234

Im looking at replacing my ER4s, I have had a few problems with their durability and have sunk far too much money into them.

I've been an Ety-head for over a decade, with two ER-4Ss.  And I've tried lots of other universal IEMs too, but kept coming back to the Etys.

For me the Evolve is a big upgrade from the ER-4S, losing nothing and adding a lot more feeling of being able to see inside the soundscape.  It's just super good.

It's also easier to drive, and works well directly out of devices that required an amp to drive the ER-4S accurately.  Despite which I normally use mine with a Mojo, which is a great pairing.

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #987 of 1,234
I've been an Ety-head for over a decade, with two ER-4Ss.  And I've tried lots of other universal IEMs too, but kept coming back to the Etys.

For me the Evolve is a big upgrade from the ER-4S, losing nothing and adding a lot more feeling of being able to see inside the soundscape.  It's just super good.

It's also easier to drive, and works well directly out of devices that required an amp to drive the ER-4S accurately.  Despite which I normally use mine with a Mojo, which is a great pairing.

I'm going to second this. I've had the evolve for about a year and it's so much more convenient than the er4. And that sweet sweet detail is still there. It's also very tip dependent, I use shallow generic silicon tips, cut foam earplugs to fill in the negative space around the bore and then a leather punch to make them snug around the bore. They're fit perfectly and I don't lose any detail like with the comply's.

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #988 of 1,234
Amen to the sweet sweet detail.  I too am using shallow generic silicone tips.  I don't know where they came from - presumably some other earphone but I couldn't say which.  On me they fit perfectly without the things jesusio has done.

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #989 of 1,234

Thank you, thats good to know that an amp isnt strictly necessary (i dont like carring an amp around when commuting, what with all the other things i have to carry!) and that its not really a downgrade from the ER4

I'm going to second this. I've had the evolve for about a year and it's so much more convenient than the er4. And that sweet sweet detail is still there. It's also very tip dependent, I use shallow generic silicon tips, cut foam earplugs to fill in the negative space around the bore and then a leather punch to make them snug around the bore. They're fit perfectly and I don't lose any detail like with the comply's.

Thank you, interesting about the tips. With the ER4 I must have tried every tip going and had been using the westone star tips or small shure olives recently, by the looks of it these would not fit the evolve, i suppose that would be a positive point for the w30 or w40... Ive never been keen on the comply's, are there any other foam tips that would fit the evolve? im wondering if its possible to make the shure olives fit (I have read that people have removed the core etc to make them fit other IEMs), spending more time on the tube than I would like means isolation is fairly important to me. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #990 of 1,234
Evolve has a much bigger bore than Etymotic or Shure, so you would at least have to cut out the core of the olives.  But I'm afraid I don't have any real experience with foam eartips for this size of bore.  FWIW my shallow silicone ones isolate brilliantly, really on par with the deep-fitting custom eartips I'm used to.  YMMV of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back