ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Feb 4, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #31 of 1,234
  Interesting to hear the differences. Thanks 

I just realise now that was my 500th post :) 

Congrats Dan
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #33 of 1,234
  I find silicone more comfortable for sure and was asking Andy from ACS at the show about open/closed mouth impression, because all my other 5 impression were open mouth and when i get the ciem its always a little too tight a fit, except with silicon doesnt matter as much as hard acrylic.
The Encore was my first closed mouth, i expect it to be more comfy.
The H8Pro i have are comfy too tho.
All my acrylic ones are far too intrusive on the ear for comfort..
The 85 Ohms should be a sound advantage imo.

When I ook my last impressions I did a small space to approximate my mouth when relaxed with my lips closed. Worked well and I find my acrylics very comfy. I forget they're there.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #34 of 1,234
  When I ook my last impressions I did a small space to approximate my mouth when be relaxed with my lips closed. Worked well and I find my acrylics very comfy. I forget they're there.

well its a bugger coz my 1964 Adel is open mouth:frowning2:
Encore should be perfect and i will get it this week early on i hope:)

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #35 of 1,234
  Soundtubes inside the CIEMs are typically PCV or something similar in both acrylic and sillicone CIEMs. What I'm referring to is that acrylic is hard material so it does not "bend", whereas the sillicone is soft and so it "bends". Due to this "bending" character of sillicone sometimes it happens to me that if I don't put sillicone CIEMs properly in the canal part of the ear there are some slight changes to the sound. Of course after few seconds the "problem" disappears. I did not have this problem with acrylic CIEMs.

More annoying (of course for me) thing with sillicone CIEMs is that the canal part of my ear is sweating more with them than with acrylic CIEMs.

May be it's just me but I prefer acrylic CIEMs over sillicone ones of course from purely comfort perspective. Please do, however, understand me that I don't consider sillicone CIEMs as less comfortable; it's just my preference goes to acrylic CIEMs in terms of comfort.

I'm sure it's another one of those personal things. I said that my fit is great but I guess I should add that I did the last tiny bit myself with some sanding and acrylic enamel. Strongly not recommended for those not accustomed to this sort of stuff. Lots can go wrong from dust getting to bad places to unrecoverable errors. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #37 of 1,234

well its a bugger coz my 1964 Adel is open mouth:frowning2:
Encore should be perfect and i will get it this week early on i hope:)

Might have to do with your physiology. I'm sure some folks canals change more than other with mouth position. I suspect the 1" was originated for performers maintaining seal while singing etc. 1" would be about 1.2 the deformation. If I manipulate my jaw properly, I can break my seal which is great right after install. I never loose seal unless I try.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #38 of 1,234
  I'm sure it's another one of those personal things. I said that my fit is great but I guess I should add that I did the last tiny bit myself with some sanding and acrylic enamel. Strongly not recommended for those not accustomed to this sort of stuff. Lots can go wrong from dust getting to bad places to unrecoverable errors. 

I think this is what i mean, there's just a tiny bit to be made more comfy, but essential.What did u use exactly?

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #39 of 1,234
  I'm waiting to decide what colour i want for my ACS Encore, there will be a whole bunch of universals due soon too and believe me. Value for money is inSANE! They will be available for pre-order in the next few hours! The Evoke Studio UIEM will list at £149.

Any more details or links on the universals please?  I'm guessing they will be acrylic not silicone?

Thanks

Feb 4, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #41 of 1,234
  There will be further links to the products once the release date has been decided. What I do know is this. There will be 5 universal fit models.

PRO Impulse Universal
Evolve Live! Universal IEM
Evoke Live! Universal IEM
Evolve Studio Universal IEM
Evoke Studio Universal IEM

Are they in stock then?

Thanks again.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #43 of 1,234
Joining this club as well! Yay!

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #45 of 1,234
  you seem to be part of many clubs around here..
biggrin.gif

LOL. I really lucked out on this club though. I had a pre-existing order for the T1, and ACS was kind enough to allow me to upgrade to the Encore :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back