Acoustune HS2000MX Flagship Model
May 8, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #31 of 37
Are there any major differences from the original to the MK II vice the ACT05 that accompanies the MK II? I am debating getting the MKII but am afraid I will be unable to purchase the ACT01 that seems to only come stock with the original HS2000MX

Same thoughts and debating buying SHO or not....but having heard both versions, I would be very happy with the OG and the extra cash. Whilst there were subtle differences, it was neither here nor there for me. Both were good, just slightly different. I was reading last night somewhere that ACT01 will be discontinued (or only available with Mk1. I also read that ACT06/07 are also almost ready so more options as add ons. The additional options make me lean towards Mk1 despite that ACT05 will only be available with Mk2.

This site has some nice info on SHO

https://min.news/en/digital/61f0dad6a00afabde43fbdf82205d972.html

If you search Acoustune on the site they have a few more articles too.
the act05 is for sale standalone but not act01. so if you'd like to have the act01 anyway, the only way (except 2nd hand) is to buy the original hs2000mx. the original chinese article salwani888 cited (which also cited by acoustune on their own official weibo - it's almost a consensus that acoustune is a hong kong owned company with office in japan. e-earphone in japan lists their product as from hong kong, not japan) claimed they're identical except colorway and the capsule/eartips bundled with (act01 for the original and act05 for the mk2). this make sense as the body merely holds the capsule and providing the PE socket for cable entry. i saw some hong kong users claimed the mk2 seems less prone to scratch the beautiful and shiny capsule body so suspecting there're very fine revision to the body though.

the sound of the original act01 is superb! there's more sparkling on the top end than the act05 ( i got act01 and 03-05). all four are very enjoyable but act01 sounds the best and the tuning seems a better match with the blue colorway to me subjectively (much more tasteful in terms of aesthetic design :relaxed: ). act05 gets more impactful bass which i like. yet it losses the magical sparkling in the treble to win my heart. the original is also cheaper so it may be a better buy (much cheaper if in 2nd hand market).

just my 2cents and hope this helps.

May 8, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #32 of 37
the act05 is for sale standalone but not act01. so if you'd like to have the act01 anyway, the only way (except 2nd hand) is to buy the original hs2000mx. the original chinese article salwani888 cited (which also cited by acoustune on their own official weibo - it's almost a consensus that acoustune is a hong kong owned company with office in japan. e-earphone in japan lists their product as from hong kong, not japan) claimed they're identical except colorway and the capsule/eartips bundled with (act01 for the original and act05 for the mk2). this make sense as the body merely holds the capsule and providing the PE socket for cable entry. i saw some hong kong users claimed the mk2 seems less prone to scratch the beautiful and shiny capsule body so suspecting there're very fine revision to the body though.

the sound of the original act01 is superb! there's more sparkling on the top end than the act05 ( i got act01 and 03-05). all four are very enjoyable but act01 sounds the best and the tuning seems a better match with the blue colorway to me subjectively (much more tasteful in terms of aesthetic design :relaxed: ). act05 gets more impactful bass which i like. yet it losses the magical sparkling in the treble to win my heart. the original is also cheaper so it may be a better buy (much cheaper if in 2nd hand market).

just my 2cents and hope this helps.
Thank you so much, this is extremely informative. Currently contemplating picking one up second hand. Out of curiosity on ergonomics, how heavy is it? How does it fit in your ear, do you have any pictures? :). I am most likely going to get the original based on the fact that I would like to get the ACT01 which seems to only come stock with the original.

May 10, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #33 of 37
it's definitely on the heavy side. i saw some japanese website listing it as 57g (didn't mention one side or both sides though). Subjectively, it feels heavier than my metal fitear iems (e.g. DC Ti, Titan, EST Ti, etc.). i myself found it fits snugly in my ear though i have relatively big ears i guess.

i found a screen cap of a (supposedly of a smaller built) lady wearing hs2000mx fyr. i dont think hs2000mx will disappoint you but of coz demo first if possible before making any purchase. i'm not sure if i've mentioned this before - passive isolation of hs2000mx is not outstanding but should be adequate when music is playing in most use cases.

Attachments

• hs2000mx.jpg
    hs2000mx.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #34 of 37
it's definitely on the heavy side. i saw some japanese website listing it as 57g (didn't mention one side or both sides though). Subjectively, it feels heavier than my metal fitear iems (e.g. DC Ti, Titan, EST Ti, etc.). i myself found it fits snugly in my ear though i have relatively big ears i guess.

i found a screen cap of a (supposedly of a smaller built) lady wearing hs2000mx fyr. i dont think hs2000mx will disappoint you but of coz demo first if possible before making any purchase. i'm not sure if i've mentioned this before - passive isolation of hs2000mx is not outstanding but should be adequate when music is playing in most use cases.
Thank you so so much. Im trying to find a place here in Australia where I can demo but I dont think that is the case. 57g is quite heavy, not sure it will feel comfortable for long use :./.

May 14, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #35 of 37
Well described thanks for sharing. SHO mk1 has a very neutral bass with sparkling level of details. That was the first pair of IEM convinced me that bright IEM can sound good also. Now I learned that I can't get ACT01 standalone that's a bit sad.

Nov 1, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #36 of 37
What tips is everyone using with thier HS2000mx?

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #37 of 37
So... Anyone compared the ACT47 to the other chambers? What is it good for? Really thinking hard if I should get it without having a listen.

For me:
ACT01 - All around general purpose, best soundstage and separation
ACT02 - Orchestral, Live music
ACT03 - Vocals
ACT04 - EDM, when I crave bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back