Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jun 27, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,681 of 2,162
I stopped work on any public release after HF changed my status to member of the trade etc. I lost interest in contributing after that.
That's really a pity. I'm new here so I won't comment on the rules. But I have read your contributions and thanks for efforts. It really helped guys like me who bought the M2 late in the life cycle well after Voxx abandoned support for the device.

Jun 27, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #1,682 of 2,162
I am saddened to hear that this site instead of being a platform to encourage people to share and help each other has all this rules to discourage people. I hope that you are still going to help the fellow music lovers. Like you I had the chance to try many different daps and I came to the conclusion that Acoustic research ar-m2 is the one that I like the most.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #1,683 of 2,162
Canceled

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #1,684 of 2,162
Hello everyone. I just came across an issue with my AR-M2 and thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. I’ve been using the unit on a daily basis. I entered my PIN numbers and I kept getting a “Wrong PIN” message. I’ve kept a note of the PIN numbers to make sure I don’t forget it as well.I’ve called Acoustic Research technical service but to no avail. The unit has been rebooted but didn’t help either.

Please help if you’ve come across something like this with the AR-M2. Thanks and much appreciated.

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #1,685 of 2,162
Any of you tried a dap that is an upgrade sound quality wise to Acoustic research ar-m2.?

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #1,687 of 2,162
Hello everyone

I bought a second-hand AR-M2, just for the sound (I do not intend to do any streaming with it or used playlists : just listen to FLAC files in organized folders, in 16/44, paired with Senn HD800S headphones).

I have 2 basic questions :

- i read in the thread that there the player is not nice. I Just need to play music, and navigate thru "folders - sub-foders - sub-sub folders" and it seems it is impossible with the original UI (no sub-folder can be seen). I also read that some player proposes that basic functionnality, but they may affect the sound quality. All in all, which would be the good player to install for my basic needs ?

- the other question is about battery change. As the battery may be weak, I would like to change. I saw the battery spec was 3.7 V / 4200 mAh but could not find one with similar size that the original one installed. Any idea ? (alternative way is to put the AR-M2 aside with an external battery with USB-C output to drain power, but it would be much big and heavier).

Thanks a lot for any answer that could help
Best regards

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #1,688 of 2,162
Hello !

I received the player, the sound is very very nice.
The player installed is not the "pro" version.

I saw that the last firmware can be downloaded from AR japan website : no risk that after installation, it is in japanese langage ?
(https://www.acoustic-research.jp/support/download.html)

Thanks

Dec 17, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #1,689 of 2,162
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #1,690 of 2,162
Thanks a lot !

I would also like to install another player in the AR-M2.

Basically I just need :

- to get the same sound (or better),
- to choose my music by using my folders (my external sd card have "caterogy" folders, then "artist" folder, then "album foders"
- to have gapless feature.

It seems Neutron player would be ok ?

I saw that I could buy the .apk directly at neutroncode.com but ..... I don't know where to put it in the "internal sd" file of the AR-M2 !

If someone knows ... Thanks !

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #1,691 of 2,162
You need to check this thread, you will find all the information you need

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #1,692 of 2,162
EDIT

didn’t catch that the AR-Pro player has solved all these issues. After firmware upate everything seems fine

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #1,694 of 2,162
Good morning.
Do you guys use the provided charger to charge your AR-M2?
I have been using my iPad charger to charge the unit but it appears that it stops around 80% and the unit overheats and will not power on.
That is if the unit is powered off.
I am going to use the provided charger and charge it while the unit is powered to see.
I'm pretty sure I've charged it around 99% but I haven't used it for quite some time till today.
Anyhow, I'd like to know your suggestions about a suitable charger.
Tio

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #1,695 of 2,162
Personnally i do not have the original charger but i use another one (apple or samsung). It charges up to 100%. Hoping you do not have an issue with your battery :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back