Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #1,486 of 2,162
HiByMusic will run on the AR M2 but, if I remember correctly as it has been a while, I had to use APK Editor Pro on the HyByMusic APK to allow it to install on the lower version of Android. I'm running HiByMusic V3.0.0 build 5481 which I downloaded from APKPure. Technically, I think it should not provide as good or better sound as it runs through the Android system whereas AR Music Player is supposed to bypass the android sound limitations. That said, I find with the great EQ and the Sound Field plugin offered by HiByMusic that it often sounds better. It's so much easier and intuitive to use as well.

I think this is what I followed with regard to editing the APK to allow installation on the lower version of Android that is on our AR M2:

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,487 of 2,162
I got the chance to buy this player now. Need some days to arrive but I have a question.

The seller said he never updated the firmware so it is still the original firmware. Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of the latest firmware 2.6.3 ?

I already read about less battery life and a new music app that isn't optimized. Sounds like a very useless update. Any bugfixes or new bugs I should know?

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,488 of 2,162
I got the chance to buy this player now. Need some days to arrive but I have a question.

The seller said he never updated the firmware so it is still the original firmware. Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of the latest firmware 2.6.3 ?

I already read about less battery life and a new music app that isn't optimized. Sounds like a very useless update. Any bugfixes or new bugs I should know?

your best option is to listen to it the way it is. if there are no issues with function and you are happy with the sound signature don't upgrade or you will be stuck at the current build with no downgrade that is widely available

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #1,493 of 2,162
I’ve just put an order for some 350$ This is what I call a steal! Always been so tempted by this DAP and for that price it was impossible to let go Still one of the most unique DAPs out there, even if it’s 5 years old.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,494 of 2,162
I’ve just put an order for some 350$ This is what I call a steal! Always been so tempted by this DAP and for that price it was impossible to let go Still one of the most unique DAPs out there, even if it’s 5 years old.

the AR-M2 and also the Calyx M may be older, but both have nailed it when it comes to what is being sent to your transducers and are worthy of ownership all these tears later.

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #1,498 of 2,162
u mean 350 usd for a new one, form where did u buy it

Jan 16, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #1,499 of 2,162
can i ask few questions

1- will iems such jhaudio, sony ier z1r , noble khan have hissing issues with this dap
2- can i play tidal in high res ( I do not need MQA )
3- can i install neutron player, and other player and bypass android limitation

did anyone compare this player with calyx m

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #1,500 of 2,162
can i ask few questions

1- will iems such jhaudio, sony ier z1r , noble khan have hissing issues with this dap
2- can i play tidal in high res ( I do not need MQA )
3- can i install neutron player, and other player and bypass android limitation

did anyone compare this player with calyx m

1. don't own any of those, but in settings there is 3 impedance settings 7-16 ohm /16-24 ohm / above 24 ohm
2. I use APK Pure to gather apps it seems to offer only compatible ones of which Tidal is included
3. Once again APK Pure should get the app, but I don't know if you can add a premium license

Users who are viewing this thread

Back