Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jun 28, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,456 of 2,161
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gms3JP]Sin título by Skaja Lee, en Flickr[/URL]
dateposted-public
By the way , he told me ar-m20 succesor will come laterly after ar-m2 succesor.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #1,457 of 2,161
I am more interested in a m2 succesor. Is there a date when is going to be available?

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #1,459 of 2,161
The photo that you have is so small, I can't see anything

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #1,462 of 2,161
An M2 successor will be most welcomed.

I think the HO jack on my M2 has become faulty. If cable plug is fully inserted there is no right channel audio. If the plug is slightly pulled out I can get full audio. I wonder if there is a fix for this?

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #1,465 of 2,161
Might need some cleaning or re soldering . Best to have a pro do it.
You gave me an idea. I blasted some compressed air into the jack. Seemed to do the trick!

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #1,466 of 2,161
Question on line out:
I have used the line out into my preamp into my audio system. Using the AR music player pro app, I have my preamp volume dial around my usual 11 o’clock which is my usual listening level.
When I use spotify/tidal app, I need to dial up the preamp volume to around 3-4 o’clock to get similar volume. Is this strange that the line out seems to have different gain on the stock app vs 3rd party app?
Any comments or guidance greatly appreciated. is it advisable to stick to the stock music app?

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,467 of 2,161
Question on line out:
I have used the line out into my preamp into my audio system. Using the AR music player pro app, I have my preamp volume dial around my usual 11 o’clock which is my usual listening level.
When I use spotify/tidal app, I need to dial up the preamp volume to around 3-4 o’clock to get similar volume. Is this strange that the line out seems to have different gain on the stock app vs 3rd party app?
Any comments or guidance greatly appreciated. is it advisable to stick to the stock music app?
I have the same problem. It might be Spotify bug with old Android version as the AR-M2 use Android 4.3 or the AR-M2 firmware itself.
BTW, the homepage of Acoustic Research is now redirect to arspeakers.com.
I think that they are now abandon their DAPs and move to speakers area.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #1,468 of 2,161
I have the same problem. It might be Spotify bug with old Android version as the AR-M2 use Android 4.3 or the AR-M2 firmware itself.
BTW, the homepage of Acoustic Research is now redirect to arspeakers.com.
I think that they are now abandon their DAPs and move to speakers area.
Actually their group are developing new type DAP to replace M2 , their manger prove this. By the way , their japan official website still work also there is some firmware update too.https://www.acoustic-research.jp/support/download.html

Aug 6, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,469 of 2,161
[QUOTE =“teston,post:15092921,member:447774”]我有同樣的問題。由於AR-M2使用的是Android 4.3或AR-M2固件,因此可能是舊版Android版的Spotify錯誤。
BTW,Acoustic Research的主頁現在重定向到arspeakers.com。
我認為他們現在放棄了他們的DAP並轉移到揚聲器領域。[/ QUOTE]
https://spotify-music.apk.gold/android-4.3嘗試從此鏈接下載。

.................................................. .................................

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #1,470 of 2,161
Sin título by Skaja Lee, en Flickr
dateposted-public
By the way , he told me ar-m20 succesor will come laterly after ar-m2 succesor.

I just wanted to buy one of the last models of the m2. Thought the mobile players are out of business after voxx got AR. But this information change everything now. Unfortunetly your pictures doesn't work anymore. Can yo reupload them? Any news about dates of presentation or release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back