Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Nov 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #843 of 2,161
Can someone confirm if the M2 can offline Spotify and Tidal. One person mentioned on this thread that the would not allow it.

Sorry. After my attempt to uninstall and re-install Ridal back and forth, it worked.

My main problem wtith this dap after 2.6 beta is still the 'artists' browser. I dont kwnow when it will be fixed. I've cried for this for a year.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #844 of 2,161
Holy Mackerel. I was considering this player. But after reading this thread about the software issues (which would just agrivate me). I'll just stick to my dac.

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #847 of 2,161
  You would be missing out though - the sound is incredible

​You are probably right but I will continue to wait till all the issues I consider important are fixed. Like 'darkdoorway' I would find these issues annoying. Until then I will use my mojo, strapped to my phone, which sounds great, but it is a bit cumbersome ....................When the issues are sorted out with the M2, I will buy it, as  the upsides to this DAP for me such as  SQ, good amp power and large screen size, are not to be found elsewhere to my knowledge............The DPX1 comes close but I don't trust their quality control, especially with the headphone jack.

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #848 of 2,161

​You are probably right but I will continue to wait till all the issues I consider important are fixed. Like 'darkdoorway' I would find these issues annoying. Until then I will use my mojo, strapped to my phone, which sounds great, but it is a bit cumbersome ....................When the issues are sorted out with the M2, I will buy it, as  the upsides to this DAP for me such as  SQ, good amp power and large screen size, are not to be found elsewhere to my knowledge............The DPX1 comes close but I don't trust their quality control, especially with the headphone jack.

That's fair enough. I just treated myself to a pair of beyer T1's in the black friday sales. The sound is phenomenal - they are very power hungry headphones though

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #849 of 2,161
  That's fair enough. I just treated myself to a pair of beyer T1's in the black friday sales. The sound is phenomenal - they are very power hungry headphones though

Hi,.............How do you find the T1's with the M2?....................enough power?.........just enough?.......... or is there plenty left 'in the tank'?

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #850 of 2,161

Hi,.............How do you find the T1's with the M2?....................enough power?.........just enough?.......... or is there plenty left 'in the tank'?

It has enough power, but only just - the headphones soak it up. I have the volume about 60 - 70% with my T90's, its around 90 - 100% with the T1's depending on the track. The sound is out of this world - I dont want to put them down

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #851 of 2,161
  It has enough power, but only just - the headphones soak it up. I have the volume about 60 - 70% with my T90's, its around 90 - 100% with the T1's depending on the track. The sound is out of this world - I don't want to put them down

​Thank's for that........I thought the M2 would have more to spare than that with the T1's

I love my T1's too, I use them a lot.

Happy listening!

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #853 of 2,161
Actually I take it back. I have listend to quite a few more albums today and volume is about 60%. It must have been the album i listened to this morning. I haven't long had the headphones

​Thank's for that........I thought the M2 would have more to spare than that with the T1's

Happy listening!

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #854 of 2,161
Actually I take it back. I have listend to quite a few more albums today and volume is about 60%. It must have been the album i listened to this morning. I haven't long had the headphones

Happy listening!

Hi, I have tried the M2 with the Beyerdynamic T1 gen2s and I am very disappointed.. The sound is thin and not loud enough.. Any suggestions for an Amp\DAC for about 1200 GBP or less?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back