Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Sep 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #766 of 2,161
Hi,

Any news about update for M2 for the UI?

Searching for artist and getting a  list of songs in alphabetical order rather than by album is a deal breaker for me
I am using Foobar2000 to fix this issue : this is how an UI is supposed to work !

Also, Foobar2000 uses its own media library, so if I experience an SDCard disconnection-reconnection, it only takes 1-2 seconds to play any song, as the media libray is not affected (I dont have to wait for Android to reconstruct the library).

Only drawback, I have to turn the volume wheel much more to have the same music volume than with the native player. It sounds a bit different but not worse IMHO.

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #768 of 2,161
Headfonia's guest writer's review has just been published.
http://www.headfonia.com/review-acoustic-research-m2-dap/

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #769 of 2,161
Great M2 review from Dale at Headfonia

Music not Digits!

"Here's a portable music player that sounds like the best combination of DAC and tube amp that I've heard." 

"It's not cheap, but the sound is ultra-clean, smooth, and very extended."

http://www.headfonia.com/review-acoustic-research-m2-dap/

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #770 of 2,161
  Is there anyway to split up the songs for APE format?
I can open them correctly on PC using foobar so it's definitly the AR M2 software problem.

Sorry we do not support APE. The designer will investigate for possible future implementation but it won't be soon.

For my interest, may I ask why you use APE?

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #771 of 2,161
Sorry we do not support APE. The designer will investigate for possible future implementation but it won't be soon.

For my interest, may I ask why you use APE?

I have a pretty big music collection that was build up for years. Some are my own cd rip and some are from my friends.
ape format is one of the more popular format in Hong Kong AFAIK.
I would really prefer to keep them as the format I received or rip as.

Also I am experience some minor issues:
1. Random music player stop.
It happened to some songs specifically, it just stops the music playing after the song is complete. Need to restart the music app.
This issue happen to foobar2000 for some other songs.

2. Random shuffle sometimes do not work. A simple music player restart would fix it.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #773 of 2,161

HOW TO? Installing Android Apps on Acoustic Research DAPs

We do not use Google Play on any AR player and it cannot be installed, as we have hacked the Android OS to markedly improve sound. The M2 is not a games machine. Keep it clean! for best sound.

MAKE sure to check ' Allow Install from Unknown Sources" OS/Settings/Security

Install Amazon Underground (App Store) Android app directly via the Android OS browser
Go to https://www.amazon.com/underground and follow the on-screen instructions.
This will then let you install Deezer, Spotify. TIDAL, Qobuz and more AND keep them up-to-date

OR a direct alternative for pure app installs
Go to these pages on the internal web browser for latest versions
- TIDAL http://downloader-apk.com/?id=Tidal
- SPOTIFY http://downloader-apk.com/?id=spotify
- QOBUZ http://downloader-apk.com/?id=Qobuz

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #774 of 2,161
I demo'd this unit today, I have to say I am very impressed with it. Felt and sounded total quality.I do have one question though, I have a nas drive and wondered can you listen to tracks via dlna through the default AR player? Or does it have to be through a third party app?

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #775 of 2,161
20% Discount on the USA site, Live Now - www.acousticresearch-hifi.com

Acoustic Research 20% CanJam Denver Show Special - See us in Room EV2 - To celebrate attending their first CanJam @ RMAF, Acoustic Research are offering 20% off ALL purchases on their website www.acousticresearch-hifi.com - So their High-Res DAPs and accessories are now even better value. No coupon is necessary - ends 31st October.

THIS IS A USA ONLY PROMOTION - SORRY WORLD

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #776 of 2,161
I demo'd this unit today, I have to say I am very impressed with it. Felt and sounded total quality.I do have one question though, I have a nas drive and wondered can you listen to tracks via dlna through the default AR player? Or does it have to be through a third party app?

Hello, glad you like the sound. The AR player is not a DNLA app. Install Amazon Underground and take your pick of Android DNLA apps. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #777 of 2,161
SEE US AT CANJM DENVER - MEET THE DESIGNER

300x150px-ZC-323df05e_CJRMAF16_Head-Fi_SideBar_01b_sized.png

Acoustic Research @ CanJam / RMAF Stand EV2 (Evergreen E&F, CanJam Floor).
- LAUNCHING the new $699 AR-M20 Hi-res portable
- SHOWING the updated $1199 AR-M2 high-end portable with hi-res gapless
- WIN an AR-M2 package worth over $1300+ in the show competition
- MEET AR’s chief designer Mr Arex Li 
- 20% SHOW DISCOUNT for the month of October @ www.acousticresearch-hifi.com

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #778 of 2,161

what is it meant above for the updated M2 player? What has been changed?

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #779 of 2,161
Hello AR team,

I'm still searching for a portable music player and your M2 player is (among with AK300) on the top of my list. But the necessity of sideloading apps (TIDAL for me), strange music folding (read about it in this thread) and no Bluetooth are quite dealbrakers for me. Otherwise your player looks amazing. My question is, aren't you planning to update M2 to Android 5.1 with full Google store support? Or even better, don't you plan to make a brand new M3 with all things mentioned above? The M3 with the same output power as M2, Google store, Bluetooth and maybe a ballanced port would destroy a DAP world!

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #780 of 2,161

Here is what your customers need as soon as you get back from the show. ARTISTS brings up ALBUMS, not "songs". This is most critical, while it's true I bought the player for its sound quality, this flaw is so obvious and inexplicable that I can't believe the player was ever released this way and that it wasn't the first problem to get fixed. Sorry to come off so dogmatic, but there it is...

Best, Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back