Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Oct 9, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #797 of 2,161
  I am very close to purchasing, but can I enquire if there are any imminent plans to release a replacement for the M2? I would be disappointing to purchase it only to find a replacement model 6 months later?

I feel the same

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #798 of 2,161
Btw somebody could help me how to get TIDAL to M2? I can't use Amazon Underground as it doesn't work well in my country so I need to sideload it. I read many articles of how to sideload apps and they all mension I need a file manager app (AstroManager). Do I really need this? Sorry for that dumb question but I've never had an Android device so I'm completely lost here… Before I buy M2 I want to know exactly how to do it. Thanks

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #800 of 2,161
Oct 10, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #801 of 2,161

This is from the M2 FAQ, very easy. no side loading needed. Just browse and download

A direct alternative for pure app installs Go here on the internal web browser for latest versions
- TIDAL http://downloader-apk.com/?id=Tidal
- SPOTIFY http://downloader-apk.com/?id=spotify
- QOBUZ http://downloader-apk.com/?id=Qobuz

MAKE sure to check ' Allow Install from Unknown Sources" OS/Settings/Security

I see now. Just download TIDAL.apk in M2 web browser, then install it and I'm all done right?

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #803 of 2,161
  Yes, I think you need to turn off the install from untrusted source setting somewhere.
It can install apk that you have inside or download onto M2.

Thank you Kildras

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #804 of 2,161

REMEMBER THIS RUNS ALL OCTOBER 

Acoustic Research 20% CanJam Special - ends 31st October.

THIS IS A USA ONLY PROMOTION on www.acousticresearch-hifi.com

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #805 of 2,161
  I feel the same

As far as I am aware the M2 has at least a years life if not more, we update Firmware on a regular basis. I will double-check with HQ for you

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #806 of 2,161
  I am very close to purchasing, but can I enquire if there are any imminent plans to release a replacement for the M2? I would be disappointing to purchase it only to find a replacement model 6 months later?

As far as I am aware the M2 has at least a years life if not more, we update Firmware on a regular basis. I will double-check with HQ for you

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #807 of 2,161
Are you guys saying when you look under artist view, you don't see albums associated with that artist, then go into the album for song list?

Has anyone used the AR accessory for low impedance iems, since the M2 has 10 ohm output impedance? I'm assuming it's a voltage splitter and gets output impedance down to maybe 2~3 ohms. Can AR confirm how low it can get the impedance down to?

Am checking impedance

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #808 of 2,161

Hello, AR HQ tells me the M2 continues in production for al least another year and probably longer. The hardware does need any updates really and we continue to update the GUI /Firmware on regular basis. Buy now and enjoy! 

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #810 of 2,161
  Hello, AR HQ tells me the M2 continues in production for al least another year and probably longer. The hardware does need any updates really and we continue to update the GUI /Firmware on regular basis. Buy now and enjoy! 

Hello, @AR-Voice -

I don't suppose you have any news about a potential tour? Please forgive me for being a pest; still, I must say that as a person with a physical disability the chance to evaluate a product is as important as a promotional discount.

Best regards,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back