Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Sep 30, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #1,111 of 2,161
Where can the M2 be acquired for a Canadian destination? Curiosity is getting the best of me and interest is piqued. The AR site "404"s when clicking on the Buy Now button. I'm going to start reading all 74 pages of this thread but figured getting a source retailer would help matters beforehand.

Sep 30, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,112 of 2,161
Acoustic Research ARM2.jpg

Signal, try to go to main site and send mail asking for local dealer. I had to do that for here in Japan.
The main site was for America only. If I could type Japanese I probably woulda saved myself and others some time :)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,114 of 2,161
Signal, try to go to main site and send mail asking for local dealer. I had to do that for here in Japan.
The main site was for America only. If I could type Japanese I probably woulda saved myself and others some time :)

Got a response from AR today: "Unfortunately we are not selling the AR-M2 in Canada at this time".

That sucks.

Oct 2, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #1,116 of 2,161
^
That was the response from US Voxx distributer. I have since recently received a reply from Hong Kong Voxx distributor and they are willing to ship me a unit. Now I'm mulling the offer, reading this thread (page 30 now), and coming to an eventual conclusion.

Just wondering if this 2 year old DAP is still worth it considering what I've already got and what''s out there. The AR was on my short list long ago but I believe at the time the price was substantially higher and I settled on the XDP-100R as my first hi-res unit. Now your enticing pics just rekindled my Spend-Money-On-More-Lovely-Music-Devices mode. I like having options and feel this AR-M2 would be nice addition to the collection.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #1,117 of 2,161
Just wondering if this 2 year old DAP is still worth it considering what I've already got and what''s out there. The AR was on my short list long ago but I believe at the time the price was substantially higher and I settled on the XDP-100R as my first hi-res unit. Now your enticing pics just rekindled my Spend-Money-On-More-Lovely-Music-Devices mode. I like having options and feel this AR-M2 would be nice addition to the collection.
In the past, Acoustic Research has offered substantial discounts during certain periods of the year, so I plan to wait until late November. You'll want to subscribe to AR's newsletter.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #1,118 of 2,161
A couple of months ago, the original sole agent of AR Hong Kong was dumping their stock of M2 at less than HK$5000. That was even cheaper than what I paid for the Taobao mail order. My friend bought one and added a 75 ohm resistor to it. He recently auditioned the Andromeda, and did not hear any noise.

Oct 4, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #1,120 of 2,161
Peter Frampton was like a meteor, shining bright when it swept through the sky, but soon was gone. Baby I love your way was a classic and listening to it really bring back a lot of memories.
@Hawaiibadboy, we do have quite a few songs in common on our M2, Pink Floyd, ELO, Frampton, Bad fingers, Jim Croce, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix ... icons of the 60's-80's.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,122 of 2,161
Where can the M2 be acquired for a Canadian destination? Curiosity is getting the best of me and interest is piqued. The AR site "404"s when clicking on the Buy Now button. I'm going to start reading all 74 pages of this thread but figured getting a source retailer would help matters beforehand.

Amazon US has a couple. Don't know if they'll ship it up there.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,123 of 2,161
Dear Hawaiibadboy or those who can answer me, someone has tried with this new firmware 2.6.3 the flac files that I did not recognize them with the previous firmware 2.5.6, (some flac among other formats); and the other query this 2.6.3 firmware has search system, thanks for your answers :).

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,124 of 2,161
Amazon US has a couple. Don't know if they'll ship it up there.

Yeah, I saw those. They will not ship to the North Country tho'. I'm still in process of ordering one through the Hong Kong outlet.

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,125 of 2,161
(Pretty picture deleted)

Strange way of tagging song titles. Do you do that for all your albums or just this particular Frampton Comes Alive album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back