Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Oct 8, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,141 of 2,161
You can download the free app Android File Transfer to allow the Mac to read the M2 via a USB cable. However as I said before, file transfer via a cable is extremely slow. Better just copy and paste onto the uSD card using a card reader.

Yes I know, however I don't like ejecting a card every time I want to transfer only one album for example. I'm used not to ejected cards from my other DAPs. I eject only when I upload more albums you know

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #1,143 of 2,161
Hello, just a quick question, do I have to use an Android File Transfer to transfer music into M2 internal memory or SD card? Thanks
My Mac can read the AR-M2 with Android File Transfer but I can specify to connect as an INSTALLER (MASS STORAGE) and it will open as another drive, including the micro SD memory.
One caveat with the new AR MUSIC PLAYER PRO is that the hidden files (starting with ._ will show up first in the list and will collapse the app when playing in random order. This is I guess a bug).

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #1,144 of 2,161
Where can the M2 be acquired for a Canadian destination? Curiosity is getting the best of me and interest is piqued. The AR site "404"s when clicking on the Buy Now button. I'm going to start reading all 74 pages of this thread but figured getting a source retailer would help matters beforehand.
I live around Vancouver (Port Coquitlam) if you live around the Greater Vancouver Area we can meet so you could test.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #1,145 of 2,161
I live around Vancouver (Port Coquitlam) if you live around the Greater Vancouver Area we can meet so you could test.

What are the hidden files? My device is not showing in in the pro player app. I do have to edit some tags though (my fault not apps :wink: )

20171009_142608_001[1].jpg

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #1,146 of 2,161
What are the hidden files? My device is not showing in in the pro player app. I do have to edit some tags though (my fault not apps :wink: )

For some reason in my AR-M2 the PRO player adds those hidden Mac files to the top of the list when viewing by FOLDER. Not all of the hidden files though; I have so far erased quite a bunch of them but the last time I copied only one song brought the accompanying hidden mac file along. I connect my player as INSTALLER to my Mac and use simple drag and drop using the Explorer; not sure if everyone does have the same issue but at least it is recurrent one for me. Using firmware 2.63

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #1,147 of 2,161
For some reason in my AR-M2 the PRO player adds those hidden Mac files to the top of the list when viewing by FOLDER. Not all of the hidden files though; I have so far erased quite a bunch of them but the last time I copied only one song brought the accompanying hidden mac file along. I connect my player as INSTALLER to my Mac and use simple drag and drop using the Explorer; not sure if everyone does have the same issue but at least it is recurrent one for me. Using firmware 2.63

Sorry, I forgot the discussion was related to mac. I need a coffee.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #1,149 of 2,161
I had this hidden files issue with some Fiio players before and used Clean My Mac app to erase it. Very easy, just drag the AR onto System Junk tab in CMM app and it should erase it.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #1,150 of 2,161
I had this hidden files issue with some Fiio players before and used Clean My Mac app to erase it. Very easy, just drag the AR onto System Junk tab in CMM app and it should erase it.
Great tip, Actually I solved the issue dropping the whole folder inside mp3tag, choosing the ones at the top with ._ and clicking on deleting instead of removing, then emptying the trash bin. MP3tag is a tool of unbelievable skills!

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,151 of 2,161

That's a nice offer of you. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the big mountain in Calgary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back