Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Sep 28, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #1,082 of 2,161
huge stage

huge screen

huge power

i'm here...

That was might thoughts as well, and in same order :)

I will do a bass vid using test tones pretty soon. It is an impressive puncher and it is big and it has a beautiful screen and the new custom UAPP is excellent IMO
20170928_133057_001[1].jpg

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #1,087 of 2,161
To me, the M2 had sounded awesome and trumped all other TOTL DAP that I have heard since the first day I bought it. I was lucky that it didn't have the infamous noise issue with the Andromeda. The only let down was the half baked player and limited compatibility with some mp3 and flac files, and inability to read cue files.The new player Pro gives the M2 a new life and I hope AR can gain more sales out of it. This DAP needs to be listened with good iems and even better with full size HP.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,088 of 2,161
Is anybody having trouble logging in to Tidal on the new pro player app? I'm getting an error or no response. Tips?

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,091 of 2,161
Hi, can anybody confirm if the new pro player can playback DLNA files over local network. if so, is playback smooth?

Using a DLNA app it can. I am just getting mine set-up so not sure how smooth it is.I'll comment on it this weekend when I have more time. I don't use DLNA really but might as well set it up if it can do it. Using Bubbleupnp it sees my windows 10 server but I don't have it set up with music a nd stuff

The stage and power is crazy on this. Puts more power into my SZ than an e18 amp/dac The e18 clips and this DP does not. Nice little discovery on top of the sound.

Big High quality screen, big power and a default music app that tells me what my file is and what it is playing at

20170928_230309[1].jpg

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #1,095 of 2,161
Oh God, this is a wonderful attempt. How can I get rid of the orange button? Please teach me if you do not mind. Thank you.

Start Player pro>>>>settings>>>scroll down to option "Show Orange button" and de-select it

I was SO stoked about that. Always hated it.

Just swipe left or right on screen to go to library or now playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back