Accessory Recommendations for RNHP Headphone Amplifier
Jun 19, 2018 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

topher_d

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am new to this site, but was hoping to get some recommendations regarding accessories for the RNHP Headphone Amplifier. My current setup includes a 2017 MacBook Pro (with TIDAL), a 3.5mm cable from the headphone jack to the RNHP Headphone Amplifier, and a pair of Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

I bought a cheap 3.5mm cable from Best Buy, so I'd love any recommendations as far as the signal path from the computer to the RNHP. Would you recommend a DAC? Or a nicer 3.5mm cable? Or both?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Jun 22, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 5
Check out the Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC/Amp:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioq...eadphone-amp-v1-5-red/5312900.p?skuId=5312900

Then get a Scosche 6’ 3.5mm-to-RCA cable here:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scosche-6-3-5mm-to-rca-audio-cable-black/4215700.p?skuId=4215700

If these are not at your BestBuy, then they can be ordered on-line, sent to your BestBuy, and picked up there whenever you want.
You're the second person to recommend the Dragonfly Red. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi Topher_d,

Good choice on the RNHP, I use it everyday as part of my setup, very good value for what it is & built like a tank.

Depending on whether you want your setup to be portable or not, especially if your source is just your macbook, I suggest looking at a usb computer interface, eg Lexicon Alpha or Focusrite Scarlett Series, DAC capable with actual DSP built in which does a far better job than the Dragonflys but that's just my humble opinion.
I have been using the Lexicon Alpha a long time & see no real need to change but that's just me.

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi Topher_d,

Good choice on the RNHP, I use it everyday as part of my setup, very good value for what it is & built like a tank.

Depending on whether you want your setup to be portable or not, especially if your source is just your macbook, I suggest looking at a usb computer interface, eg Lexicon Alpha or Focusrite Scarlett Series, DAC capable with actual DSP built in which does a far better job than the Dragonflys but that's just my humble opinion.
I have been using the Lexicon Alpha a long time & see no real need to change but that's just me.
Awesome thanks for the tip! I currently use the Presonus Studio 192 Mobile which has a built-in DSP, but I'm exploring a more mobile option as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back