Abyss Diana IMPRESSIONS Thread.
Jul 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #17 of 102
The longer I've owned the Diana, the more impressed I've gotten. I use other cans but when I return to Diana, I realize how natural and uncolored they are. You don't have to worry about anything, about what it is doing or not doing. When that happens, you just focus on what you are listening to, knowing you are getting it all and getting it "right".

Jul 23, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #18 of 102
The longer I've owned the Diana, the more impressed I've gotten. I use other cans but when I return to Diana, I realize how natural and uncolored they are. You don't have to worry about anything, about what it is doing or not doing. When that happens, you just focus on what you are listening to, knowing you are getting it all and getting it "right".
Which amplifier you use? from your writing, seems an interesting headphone and finally an headphone that does not weight 1/2 Kg.

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #19 of 102
Which amplifier you use? from your writing, seems an interesting headphone and finally an headphone that does not weight 1/2 Kg.
I use a variety. Currently using the Massdrop Cavalli and the Rupert Neve.

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 102
Interesting. Thank you. So i presume relatively easy to drive
No they are not, actually. Any amp I use I have to turn up the volume about 30% more that I do for most other 'phones.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #22 of 102

Well said Dave, I completely agree with your assessments.

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #23 of 102
Diana's sound is so... good. I am rediscovering my music collection.

If you're a Prince fan, listen to "Kiss" on Diana. You can almost feel a kiss from Prince on your face. It's amazing.

IMG_2211.JPG

Aug 21, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #24 of 102
My video review of these is now up :)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #25 of 102
No they are not, actually. Any amp I use I have to turn up the volume about 30% more that I do for most other 'phones.

Dave, do you have a preferred alignment for the ear pads on your Diana?

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #26 of 102
Dave, do you have a preferred alignment for the ear pads on your Diana?
No, not really. Just in a basically straight up position, headband centered..

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #27 of 102
To be honest, the Diana was a bit uncomfortable at first, though the longer I listened the less that was an issue. Much their older sibling, the fit is a bit finicky, but the sonics are well worth the trouble.

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #28 of 102
I've been using Diana for a couple of weeks straight. Tonight I went back to my (unnamed) TOL headphone(s) and thought something was wrong with them. The soundstage on them was cloudy, out of focused, and they sounded so closed-in. They are unlistenable. I am sad now because I don't know what to do with them. Sell them and take a huge financial loss or keep them and just to look at from time to time.

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #29 of 102
Recently demoed the Diana and it's the most uncomfortable headphone I've ever attempted to listen to. During the 15 minutes I was willing to tolerate it, the headband dug into the top of my head and the clamping force was way too tight at the top of my ear, but weirdly, there was a gap between the ear pad and the bottom of my ear, which made them sound really 'tinny' as well. Even tried the ear pads in all four possible orientations, just in case I was missing a trick, but I wasn't. Every other headphone I've listened to, I've been able to find a tolerable fit, so I don't think my head's that unusual, but these; they're clearly not made for a head shape like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back