Absolute flat response headphones for 100$
Oct 15, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the HD280 Pro is reported to be very flat (some describe it as 'sterile' and 'lifeless', but Sennheiser claim they are for studio use), but I cant think of too many others in that price range.

There's nothing flat about the HD280's FR graph.

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #19 of 20
As leeperry has suggested, a pair of Beyer DT48As have flat rubber pads and tremendous clamping force. If you look at the DT48 thread, you'll find that these audiometric headphones are famously, notoriously neutral-timbred, and have a very 'flattened' sound stage. Barring these limitations, they are very well constructed, serious headphones. They'll take you to that "Abstract Plane" of Flatland that Frank Black used to sing about.

FallenAngel's questions are aprapos, and may be more useful in picking cans than my very literal suggestion.

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As leeperry has suggested, a pair of Beyer DT48As have flat rubber pads and tremendous clamping force. If you look at the DT48 thread, you'll find that these audiometric headphones are famously, notoriously neutral-timbred, and have a very 'flattened' sound stage. Barring these limitations, they are very well constructed, serious headphones. They'll take you to that "Abstract Plane" of Flatland that Frank Black used to sing about.

FallenAngel's questions are aprapos, and may be more useful in picking cans than my very literal suggestion.

I like your verbal descriptions.. The DT48a sound stage reminds me of a scrolling fighting game.. Very 2Dish... But imaging can be full & very 3d like if the recording calls for it.. But, yes.. Flat.. Rubbery.. Tight fit.. I actually find my DT48a rubber padding to be more comfortable then my DT48s & DT48e 8 ohm with the floppy pads..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back